hahaha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look, it oxidizes and makes your beer flat all at the same time. Now if it would only turn blue so I know when my beer is cold enough to drink...

Crap. Visual has nothing to do with quality or taste. You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig at the end of the day.

Vision can definitely alter taste perception. Have you ever made or eaten purple mashed potatoes made from purple fingerling potatoes? Try it. Close your eyes and take a bite. Then open your eyes and take another. I guarantee they taste just a little different.

There was just a show on that exact thing. Visual perception totally messes with our tastebuds. People were eating red Jello that was lemon flavored, so they were tasting cherry. But it was lemon! I think the show is called Head Games. It's a new series about brain research. It was kind of cool.
It also showed how a woman in a red dress gets all kinds of attention than when she wears the same dress in white.

The only thing that is useful for would be to decarb a sample for the hydrometer!

Back