Had to Tell Someone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes_d

Reaction score
That I found a 6 year old Russian Imperial Stout that I brewed back in the very far reaches of my cabinet, mixed with some other misc. homebrews which weren't quite as old.
This beer is like drinking an Imperial Stout Wine. I can't remember the recipe, but it was a kit-brew, partial mash. I believe it was a Better Brew kit, but I can't be for sure. I'll try to look back through some archives to see if I saved the recipe somewhere.
HPIM3387.JPG

HPIM3386.JPG

Prosit!
Wes
Edit: Can't get the images to show up... Will try in a bit to work on this.

Nice.. I cant seem to keep any that long. Maybe ill get my wife to hide
some for me and tell her not to tell me were until the 5 year mark. :mug:

That I found a 6 year old Russian Imperial Stout that I brewed back in the very far reaches of my cabinet,

Why are you brewing in the very far reaches of your cabinet? It is much easier to brew on the patio or even in the garage. :mug: :D
Let us know how it tastes. I will never have the discipline to let a beer live for 6 years.

Cheers!!!!!

My problem with hiding beer from myself is that I'm likely to move without ever finding it again, thus leaving a probably unappreciated gift for whoever moves in after me.

I love it when that happens! :rockin:

I found twelve ESB's buried in my closet that I brewed a year ago that tasted phenomenal. It really shows you how much time can improve some beers, especially a RIS.

Yes, indeed. I wish I had hidden 12 or more. Or just forgot I had them, like this one. Wow, it was very nice, and while they were good a few months after bottling, I never would have imagined them maturing to this point. Anyway, thanks for sharing in the moment with me everyone. :)
Wes

I still have about 35 barleywines from a batch I brewed in early 2006. They are still getting better.

Back