had some 14 year old stout for N.Y..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbgv

Reaction score
..ever drink any 14 year old stout ??..A friend of mine joined me for New years..he 4 bottle of 'Russian Imperial Stout that he found back under his basement steps..let me tell ya...MAN,was it ever good !!!,not a beer that I would want to drink more than 2..it was marked at 9 1/2 % when bottled...the taste was something ,heavy mouthfeel,strong malt flavor at the beginning with a good hit of hops and licorice at the end...I hope he can find some more !!!

I found a jar of pickles we made about 15 years ago in the basement. They still looked good and smelled ok but no way was I going to eat those. I would have tried the beer though.

I have had about 7 year old hefe before, it was very good. Bottled, stored out of light in my uncles basement. Got my started in homebrew from wine making a year or so ago.

Congrats on a great find!

I may have the opportunity to drink some pretty old wine in the near future. My great grandfather used to make wine, and my grandparents (non-drinkers) say they still have a few bottles stashed away. He passed away over 14 years ago, and I'm sure the wine is a few years older still.

I have 4 1L bottles left of my second batch (morebeer RIS kit). Its almost a year old. I think I will save the last 4 for its second - fifth birthdays. I would keep them longer, but they are in swingtops. I don't know if the seal will last that long.

I've saved the last bottle of every brew I've done so far. Granted, that's only six batches, but it's a pretty sweet to have a sampler pack of your own stuff.

I've never aged a commercial brew, but I know guys that do it with seasonals, they buy the beer at the end of the season, and then hold it for a year and drink it the next time that season rolls around.

Does a filtered beer age all that much? I can understand how a bottle-conditioned one might, but filtered?

Back