Haboob PHX July 5, 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are not my Pics, but this the Haboob that hit Phoenix last night.
It was a 50-mile wide wall of dust That swept over Phoenix, Arizona at speeds of 70mph.

Later in the thread are my pics of the aftermath.

PHOENIX-DUST-STORM-PHOTOS-VIDEO.jpg

PHOENIX-ARIZONA-DUST-STORM-PHOTOS-VIDEO.jpg

Here's what happens when you go into a bar in bright daylight and miss the entire storm with the roof off of your Jeep.

Outside:
11_-_3.jpg

11_-_1.jpg

Inside

11_-_2.jpg

11_-_4_1_.jpg

Here's what happens when you go into a bar in bright daylight and miss the entire storm with the roof off of your Jeep.

Oh Sh!tty!

The ol' civic was getting blown all over the road, I got caught in it along the 347 on the way home last night. Dark as night and the wind was blowing hard enough to pull the driver side door just far enough off the weatherstrips to start blowing dirt into the car while I was sitting on the side of the road.

Also the dog door was a nice entrance for the dirt, I had what looked like a beach in front of it in the kitchen.

Did you do what you are supposed to? Turn your lights off & slowly pull off to the side of the road to let it pass.

Oh Sh!tty!

The ol' civic was getting blown all over the road, I got caught in it along the 347 on the way home last night. Dark as night and the wind was blowing hard enough to pull the driver side door just far enough off the weatherstrips to start blowing dirt into the car while I was sitting on the side of the road.

Also the dog door was a nice entrance for the dirt, I had what looked like a beach in front of it in the kitchen.

Did you do what you are supposed to? Turn your lights off & slowly pull off to the side of the road to let it pass.

I was already on the side of the road by the time it hit, but yes it was lights off, and as far off the road as I could get with the civic.

Damn storm cut into my drinkin time!!

That is awesome. I'll have to check those videos out when I get home. I saw a link to a time lapse on one of the news sites, but I thought it was a middle-eastern storm!

Getting my car detailed today despite the fact that it's still hazy.

Pool filter is down too.

I could have bought a chest freezer with that money.

Excellent pics. Usually walls of dust pics come from the Dust Bowl. I hope that's not whats happening.

Excellent pics. Usually walls of dust pics come from the Dust Bowl. I hope that's not whats happening.

If we can bring back the depression, why not the Dust Bowl as well?? :ban:

We get a Haboob about every year, usually not this bad though, I recall the last big one was several years ago.

There were some awesome vids of this haboob. Dust ridden chaos but spectacular captures. I'd still take those over 6 mo of hard winter.

This was pretty amazing. I can't believe some of those videos and pictures.

Back