Habits, Methods, and Alcohol Consumption

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poopsmitherson

Reaction score
Some surveys lately have collected some good info about homebrewing and some of the things we do/who we are (the Brülosophy survey and the AHA survey come to mind). I have some questions that I think should be answered and that I’ll present back once analyzed. Some of these questions are dealing with specific methods and where we place our concerns about our process. Some of these questions are dealing with alcohol consumption of homebrewers with some very specific questions that I hope will do more than answer “how much?” since the same number can mean wildly different things depending on certain factors.

I know that not everybody will want to answer the second, so I’ve split this into two surveys, both 10 questions or less. Everything is set up to be anonymous. Your answers to these questions will be much appreciated, and if I get enough responses to yield meaningful data, I’ll report back with any trends that appear.

Methods and Habits Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RTJSSCS

Alcohol Consumption Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RZQPMMW

I aerate with a combination of a spray attachment, drill-powered stir tool, and vitality starter on a stir plate.
I'd only shake a 1 gallon batch.

I'll be curious to see the results of your surveys!

In the one question about what my fermenters are made of, I answered glass, as I have 5 glass carboys. I do have a stainless fermenter, but I answered glass because most of mine are glass.

I have both glass and plastic carboys, and answered plastic as it's my preference between the two. I also have stainless conicals, but only recently acquired these. since I have not fermented with these yet, I didn't choose stainless or conical as either of my answers

When I click the links, I get briefly redirected to skimresources.com, then on to surveymonkey (i.e. not the link that's listed in your post). What's going on? Is that on HBT's end?

I ferment in a Brew Bucket (neither a traditional bucket nor a conical in the normal sense), so the closest answers were "bucket," and "stainless" in the next question. Looking forward to seeing the data when you wrap it up. Keep us posted.

Did both. Good job on the surveys!

My consumption is sporadic. For instance tonight was the first night this week I had any beers, but I had 4. Some weeks less, some weeks more. So thats hard to quantify.

should we trust smither's son named poop?

I think Smithers is Burn's right hand lacky... oh my, is getting late...later.

When I click the links, I get briefly redirected to skimresources.com, then on to surveymonkey (i.e. not the link that's listed in your post). What's going on? Is that on HBT's end?

No idea what's going on there. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Back