HA! Bar was looking into buying my beer LOL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
Our home brew club had a demo brew this weekend at a liqueur store and we of course had samples.

Well a bar owner was tasting some brew and had one of my bottles in his hand and asked the store manager for the address of the brewery beer he was drinking. Said it was a GREAT beer and wanted it on tap.

HA!!!! - Manager points to me!!! That's Grinder he says! I'll take any old compliment.

sosPortersmallweb.jpg

Nice! The bar owner downtown likes his beer like he likes his water... Not a joke, he likes beer so thin and cold it tastes like ice water.

I wish he liked real beer.

I think that's about how Lakefront Brewery was formed in Milwaukee. Two brothers who were homebrewers started the business in a garage and used to roll kegs down the street to the corner bars. Not sure what kind of volume you'd need to justify getting licensed, but it didn't sound like they started with much.

I had a moment like that where the head brewer at a pretty big brewpub here tasted my beer and said he'd be watching out for his job. Yours is better though, he complimented your beer in a big way without knowing you were listening.

Yea - I was feeling a little pumped - I think it was the 2oz of Chocolate Nibs that put him over the edge LOL

I've had so many people say I should open a place but I gotta think it's just a fresh home brew flavor. Had one guy who was going to buy a bar ask if I wanted to have two taps of my own - bar deal fell through though.

it's only a $1 per barrel tax in Wisconsin but could be doubling to $2. 5 gallons every day would be a barrel a week. LOL

$1 Tax per barrel is the amount you have to pay to sell? Or is this on top of the licencing fee?

I live in Michigan and can't find the licence requirements anywhere! Anyone know where this can be found?

Back