Gushers( not the fruit snack)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brnooewb

Reaction score
Ok, I know this question comes up all the time. And I've read responses before from people but right now I can't seem to find anything. So if its super redundant I'm sorry.

So my problem is in my latest batch. It's an IPA I did. And while younger I had no problems with gushers or over carbonation at all. But it seems the last 8-10 bottles I have opened up have a gusher problem. The bottles have been in the fridge for about a month now. So I don't think it has anything to do with the carbonation not settling. It's also causing the trub in the bottom to stir up and make the beer cloudy. I haven't noticed any taste variance and all of my bottles were sanitized in the dishwasher with out soap and sprayed with starzan. So to me the possibility of an infection seems low, I'm not saying its not possible. Just doesn't seem the likely culprit to me.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
David

Over carbed bottles? Too much priming sugar in a couple of them? The few gushers I have had were drinkable, but could definitely taste something "off" that told me I had a bottle infection, in addition to the geyser of foam on opening them up.

And the fruit snacks are awesome. Unlike the beer problem.

Back