Guinness Extra Stout Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiin

Reaction score
I picked up a 6 of Guinness extra stout this weekend, and when I finished them, I thought the stubby bottles looked pretty cool. I've been looking around online and I can't seem to find any imitation bottles and I would prefer not to pick up a few cases of extra stout (too expensive). I was wondering if you guys/gals had any idea where I might be able to find them. Most bars around here don't stock extra stout and when they get brought back to redemption centers they shred the bottles to save space.

thanks

Get to know the folks who run your beer stores that carry it. They may give you or let you buy for the price of the deposit the returnables. Dropping off a bottle or two of your homebrew on occasion helps grease the wheels.

I've got a pretty good rapport formed with 3 bottle shops near me, a lot of times I'll walk in and they will say "Hey you wanna try this 20 dollar bottle of beer, we were just thinking about cracking it." Or they will let me sort through their empty bottles. Or even keep certain one's for me that I might be looking for, like stubbies.

Back