Guilty movie pleasures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy, I have a few:

Base-ketball, Orgasmo, and Cannibal the Musical. All 3 done by the South Park guys. Oh yeah and Team America.

I usually don't like Adam Sandler movies, but That's My Boy is friggin hilarious. Especially Todd Bridges and Vanilla ice making fun of themselves.

Oh, and Grandma's Boy.

Oh right...

Beerfest

When they taste their secret beer recipe for the first time, the look on their faces and some of the things they say.... I can relate. Maybe not so much to the beer I try to make but yeah.. quality.

"I want to put my d**k in it!!"

"I want it to put it's d**k in me!!"

That is indeed the quote I was referring to. Kegged one of my beers for the first time, and a friend got to try it at a new years party. It was a simple smash recipe with hops we grew this year, but the alternative was Labatt Blue. After trying it, he pulled out this quote and it slayed me.

I don't care what anyone says. I love those guys.

Yeah those are the same guys (Broken Lizard) that did Super Troopers.

Yea... I could watch the beginning of Supertroopers once a day if I had to. The rest of it is whatever to me, although it has its moments. But that first scene screwing with the stoners... man. It made me feel high the first time I saw it.

Heat is a pretty solid go to... Though someone stole it from me so I havnt been able to watch it for awhile. I know I know, skip a drink and go buy it.

I really like The Town too. I catch myself watching it more than usual

My best friend and I do the same thing with Big Lebowski and O Brother Where Art Thou quotes.
My wife is usually not amused. :D

I was just going to name those as my "guilty pleasures" I've seen each over 15 times. Same with the original Star Wars trilogy.

Kingdom of Badassdom,

Was epic cheese!

Thoust has been forewarned!

Just a few of them...

History of the World Part 1 (it's good to be the king!)

Young Frankenstein (the Puttin' on the Ritz scene is CLASSIC)

Rocky Horror Picture Show (can't believe it hasn't come up yet)

Honestly, the less funny my wife finds a movie, the more I enjoy it...

I like most of the ones that have been mentioned but thought I would throw another one out there. I found this one in a Hollywood video that was going out of business in Tulsa, OK of all places. It is called Fishing with Ghandi. LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE it!!!!

Unknown.jpeg

not a guilty pleasure, but a favorite of mine, will watch it when it's on

Serenity

this afternoon I finally figured out how to watch live TV on my phone and saw it was on, so I watched.

Mal ain't no Henry V and his speech isn't St Crispin's Day, but it sure as eff is rousing enough

This record here's about twelve years old. Parliament buried it and it stayed buried until River here dug it up. This is what they were afraid she knew. And they were right to fear. There's a universe of folk who're gonna know it, too. Someone *has to* speak for these people.

Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'.

I aim to misbehave.

makes me want to go punch a government worker. in the area where I live, throw a fist at 10 people and odds are you're gonna hit 2 or 3 public servants.

I do like watching Jewel Staite (Kaylee) in Firefly & Serenity. Even covered in grease & grime, she's one hot number!
And who knew Summer Glau (River) could be both so beautiful & so lethal?
Regards, GF.

Jewel Staite and Morena Baccarin both look so much better as Kaylee & Inara than they do in later roles they've played

like so many other actresses do when they've been eating like normal people and don't look like stick figures with lollipop heads.

Saving Silverman. I don't know why. I think it's Steven Zahn.

Steve Zahn is magical. Did you see Knights of Badassdom? It was OK.

I have a thing for Japanese flicks and at least once a year watch Old Boy, and Ichi the Killer back to back.

I watch much much more than that (Kundo: Age of the Rampant is one of the best movies I've ever seen.).

I am continuing my string of dumb, but enjoyable flicks. (thanks winter blues)

Last Night I watch "Pain & Gain"
If you like dumb gym rats, violence and Tony Shaloub, Give it a whirl!

I swear that Mark Walberg is genius at playing less than smart characters.

He is does well when he is type cast
Like the Other Guys, which is a brilliant movie!

Oh boy, I have a few:

Base-ketball, Orgasmo, and Cannibal the Musical. All 3 done by the South Park guys. Oh yeah and Team America.

I usually don't like Adam Sandler movies, but That's My Boy is friggin hilarious. Especially Todd Bridges and Vanilla ice making fun of themselves.

Oh, and Grandma's Boy.

Oh god yes.

Watched that every day while I was studying "video game design" @ DeVry and just getting wicked torched.

Another one of my favorites is this clip from Mad Max;

It just sorta happened...a piece from here, a piece from there...& is it just me, or does the mechanic look like Billy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few of them...

History of the World Part 1 (it's good to be the king!)

Young Frankenstein (the Puttin' on the Ritz scene is CLASSIC)

Rocky Horror Picture Show (can't believe it hasn't come up yet)

Honestly, the less funny my wife finds a movie, the more I enjoy it...

I took my wife to see Strange Brew on our first date. I loved it. It's been 30 years and she still hasn't stopped complaining about it....

Watched Galavant last night. I admit it's a guilty pleasure. Funny AND has musical numbers??

Oh yeah!

Galavant was awesome! It was like Mel Brooks and the Monty Python gang got together and wrote a musical. Can't wait for Sunday night!

I took my wife to see Strange Brew on our first date. I loved it. It's been 30 years and she still hasn't stopped complaining about it....

So, have you ever looked deep into her eyes & said (in your best Bob McKenzie voice), "I'd kiss ya if I didn't have puke-breath." ?
:D
Regards, GF.

Back