"Guilty" confessions of a beer enthusiast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy a cold Bud Light on a hot day. I also will brew the occasional Brewers Best kit and think that they taste every bit as good as most of my all grain batches.

Living in California, I am surrounded by hop heads. I am an anomaly in that I love malted beer with less hops (although I do love IPA's too). My go-to session beer is Guinness. And now that it's at my local costco, It's even more appealing because of the price.

You know, this has to be one of the most comprehensive threads on HBT. We've had guilty beers, bugles filled with spray cheese, adjuncts, blue collar low lives, *****eywerks, internet stalking and identity theft, learning to serve beer in skulls so we are not straight-up b!tches, coal miners, *****eywerks 2 (the short-lived return), hookers, cocaine, red skin hot dogs, dead hookers and constitutional rights, a John Wayne Gacy reference, and now back to guilty beers.

Not gonna lie, this thread is my number one guilty pleasure.

Quick! Pick another tangent!

You know, this has to be one of the most comprehensive threads on HBT. We've had guilty beers, bugles filled with spray cheese, adjuncts, blue collar low lives, *****eywerks, internet stalking and identity theft, learning to serve beer in skulls so we are not straight-up b!tches, coal miners, *****eywerks 2 (the short-lived return), hookers, cocaine, red skin hot dogs, dead hookers and constitutional rights, a John Wayne Gacy reference, and now back to guilty beers.

Not gonna lie, this thread is my number one guilty pleasure.

Quick! Pick another tangent!

FAvorite beer with fruit in it!!

Corona with a summer lime:mug:

i love really crappy bologna, the cheaper the better, oscar mayer etc. so delicious.
i also enjoy fosters and sam adams much more than i'd care to admit among my friends.

Favorite beer with fruit? Corona is ok, but I like Sam Adams Summer Ale with a squirt of lemon.

Nothing blueberry, though. Just not a fan of blueberry beer.

Yeah, see? So me talking about doing coke and killing hookers is the epitome of a guilty confession!

Wait, no...not a confession. I am not confessing to...I plead the fifth.

Crap.

Cosmicbrew said:
Living in California, I am surrounded by hop heads. I am an anomaly in that I love malted beer with less hops (although I do love IPA's too). My go-to session beer is Guinness. And now that it's at my local costco, It's even more appealing because of the price.

Thank you!! I'm up in N. CA and so many of the most popular micros IBU's are off the chart, which is fine; I enjoy a good hoppy IPA or pale ale as much as the next guy; but there's nothing I love more than a malty delicious "meaty" brew. Anderson Valley's Brother David and North Coast's Brother Thelonious are two of my favorites.

My guilty confession today is I need to clean the kitchen, eat lunch and throw a Prime Rib in the oven before my wife gets home in 2 hours, and I can't pry myself away from this website.

Has anybody ever tried Charmar, by the ferry? I'm working right near there, wondering if its worth the walk over.

I can give you a recipe for the recipe section. Me and Airborne are brewing it up next weekend. The name is ,Midwest shytezen-weizen. I can't wait to brew it, and can't wait to drink it. I have a woody just thinking about this beer we're gonna brew. ,Midwest shytezen-weizen baby, can't freakin wait.

I know there are a lot of red beer fans around here, any fans of a few green olives in your yellow fizzy. This was a go to drink at an OTB I used to frequent.

Umm, what? I am absolutely an extra olive in my martini guy, but I have never put olives in my beer. Never even heard of it, in fact.

You eat ****ty nitrate and sulfate infested food covered in MSG but not have a refreshing domestic every now and then and soapbox about it. On top of that drink city water. I'm down with strohs. Not only do they come in 15 packs they are the only flame brewed beer on America or at least they say they are. Next to that , when I can get my hands on it, is mich golden light. Not to mention I drink the @&" t out of pbr.

freefallfan said:
You eat ****ty nitrate and sulfate infested food covered in MSG but not have a refreshing domestic every now and then and soapbox about it. On top of that drink city water. I'm down with strohs. Not only do they come in 15 packs they are the only flame brewed beer on America or at least they say they are. Next to that , when I can get my hands on it, is mich golden light. Not to mention I drink the @&" t out of pbr.

Say what now? Was that directed at me and my hot dogs? Because I have talked about drinking Genesse, Bud,Corona, PBR,Michelob Ultra, Molson, and Labatts. Not all of which are domestic I will grant you, but all are refreshing, and I am the last guy to soapbox against domestics.

I do drink city water, though. Use it to make my beer too.

freefallfan said:

Are you Wienerwerks less refined drunk brother?

i'm glad someone still extracts BTUs from fire. think of the glare if we all used fresnel lenses... think of the glare!

No personal attacks. Just a general statement made after a little too much over malted home brew. Sorry if I offended anyone haha

freefallfan said:
Sorry if I offended anyone haha

Not offended, just confused. Of course, I had a few myself last night so I may have been easier to confuse.

But I still love my s**ty nitrate infused processed food and city water.

Not offended, just confused. Of course, I had a few myself last night so I may have been easier to confuse.

But I still love my s**ty nitrate infused processed food and city water.

Quite often I'll boil my s**ty nitrate infused processed food in city water. Does Kraft Dinner count as s**ty nitrate infused processed food? In that case I do it every time I make it. Sometimes I put hotdogs in the pot with the noodles.

Back