Growth after 40 days in the dirt!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMO

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my hops after about 40 days. The Magnum are about 7-8 inches which is surprising...they were the first out of the ground! The fuggle are about 16-18 inches and the hallertauer are about 14 inches. So far so good!

How do you all think they are doing? Are they about where they should be?

:rockin:

DSC_00630282.JPG

DSC_00640283.JPG

DSC_00660284.JPG

Very cool, mine are not moving very far and most have not even sprouted yet, but haven't been in the ground for 40 days.

How much direct sun do you think those are getting right now?

I would say they are getting their first sun at about 9:00 am and are in the direct sun until about 6 pm. the leaves have been a bit brittle and a tiny bit burned, so I've been watering them everyday and they've been doing pretty good. I'm giving them diluted liquid fertilizer every 7-10 days.

Mine are barely out of the ground. After four years you would think I'd get used to the late starts, but it is still annoying. People just a few miles from me have 2-3 foot bines, but I'm on a coastal range and lag the season.

Back