Group grain buy Pittsburgh / Western PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was gonna ask because after figuring out mine I'm paying a little over a $1 a bag shipping. A little less than I thought..... I figured everything at the first column price. Is that wrong? I'm about through a 9% Baltic Porter I brewed 1/1/2011 so it could be me. :D

According to that sheet,I'm paying $7.30 a bag. Perhaps my total was calculated at 55# bags rather than the 50# that GW comes in?

Sent from my iPod touch using HB Talk

Bugman,

Let me know when you want to do an exchange. I'm probably not going to be around this weekend much so tonite or tomorrow works for me.

-

Those prices fluctuate depending on when the order was placed. I have the total for the 3 bags at $90.41.

Amount received:
$103.91 USD
Fee amount:
-$3.31 USD
Net amount:
$100.60 USD

That puts it right at 3.39 per bag

According to that sheet,I'm paying $7.30 a bag. Perhaps my total was calculated at 55# bags rather than the 50# that GW comes in?

Hey guys, I canceled the requests through paypal. I am going to resend them today with a break down invoice so there are no confusions..

Hey Bugman - I will have cash ready for you when you pick up your grain here. (For my bags and TomA's) Could you e-mail me separate invoices for them? No hurry, I know you are busy. I believe I already PM'd you my email.

Bugman - Maybe you could give all the grain purchasers my business name, address, and my email address when you send the invoices or when they pay or whatever - that way I don't get a full inbox of PM's asking for that info, and they know where to pick them up and schedule with me. Thanks again.

If all the payments come in by tomorrow. It will be here Monday..

OK. Some logistical stuff. Sleepy. What days/times will pickup be available. This may affect some folks on whether they want me to pickup their stuff or not. I may still need to act as a relay if some of these folks can't get there during those times.

Sleepy, I can probably be there to help receive the grain if you want.

I got my invoice, but it only includes my three bags from the first pallet, not my fourth bag (CM-2ROW) on the second pallet. I was left off the second spreadsheet, but you said my bag was included in the order, so that may be why it was left off the invoce.

Do you want to cancel and re-invoice me, or send a second invoice?

Hermit - Thanks for the offer - however, it is difficult to say what time of the day it will be in - you could just be standing around here waiting. If you PM your cell number and e-mail, I can call you when it gets here, and if you want, you could help me separate/sort it.

EDIT: Bugman sent the addresses, so I deleted my address here so as to not have it visible to the whole world wide web.

My regular business hours are M-F 9-4:30. However, my house is only 2 miles away from my business, so I will try to accommodate everyone's pick-up schedule. I would say PLEASE do not try to pick these up the DAY they arrive, as who knows what time they will come in and it will take some time to sort. Give me til at least the next day. (Unless of course you are coming to help, Hermit.)

I am NOT collecting anyone's money for Bugman (other than mine and TomA's). So, make sure you pay him before you come and pick up.

Bugman - Can you send me a list of what everyone gets and that they have paid you? Just wanna protect you here.

I will advise and update this thread when the grain has arrived.

Oooo my. I really should've read through the thread a little better. I saw this was being organized through bugman in Butler. West Middlesex is about two hours for me. I live in Irwin and work in Monroeville. If anyone is heading up that way, I'll gladly throw you some gas money to snag my four bags. Even if you get them halfway back twd Pittsburgh. Otherwise, I'll have to drop my wife off at the Grove City Outlets and meet up... and that sounds like a long expensive day.

Bugman, I had $135 in my paypal account and my total was $138.33. I don't know how paypal handled it. If they transfer the 135 now and then wait on the $3.33, or if they wait for the latter to clear my account and send the entire amount to you. Either way, I submitted my payment this morning.

Thanks again to everyone involved.

Those prices fluctuate depending on when the order was placed. I have the total for the 3 bags at $90.41.

Amount received:
$103.91 USD
Fee amount:
-$3.31 USD
Net amount:
$100.60 USD

That puts it right at 3.39 per bag

No big deal, but am I not reading the pricing sheet right? I get:

$.54*100 (2 bags pale)=$54.00
$.56*50 (1 bag vienna)=$28.00
$28.00+$54.00=$82.00
$3.39*3=$10.17
$82.00+10.17=$92.17
$92.17+$3.31=$95.48

-d

Oooo my. I really should've read through the thread a little better. I saw this was being organized through bugman in Butler.

It started off being delivered in Butler but there was a snag. Maybe bugman can pick your stuff up with his. I was going to relay to the guys north and west of me originally. Still may depending on how things shake out.

No big deal, but am I not reading the pricing sheet right? I get:

$.54*100 (2 bags pale)=$54.00
$.56*50 (1 bag vienna)=$28.00
$28.00+$54.00=$82.00
$3.39*3=$10.17
$82.00+10.17=$92.17
$92.17+$3.31=$95.48

-d

When I checked my bill on paypal it seems a few things did change a bit. Nothing killer but I could not come up with the same price as bugman going from the sheet. Still considering prices are set to rise as the season runs on according to some threads/articles I've read. Last years cold wet weather in Canada wasn't good for the barley crop.

I hear ya, I just like when all the numbers agree, must be the latent math geek in me.:mug:

-d

sleepy I will get everything emailed to you so you know exactly what everyone gets. Hopefully it won't be too hard to tell all the different bags apart. I have about 5 more payments to get and then I will call the order in. I would do it now, but I don't want stuck with a 1k of grain plus my order. I like to stock up but not that much. Just so everyone know, I talked to them yesterday and they told me once the order is placed it will be picked and shipped the same day and it is only a 2 day ship since its coming from Indiana.

Hermit - Thanks for the offer - however, it is difficult to say what time of the day it will be in - you could just be standing around here waiting. If you PM your cell number and e-mail, I can call you when it gets here, and if you want, you could help me separate/sort it.

My regular business hours are M-F 9-4:30. However, my house is only 2 miles away from my business, so I will try to accommodate everyone's pick-up schedule. I would say PLEASE do not try to pick these up the DAY they arrive, as who knows what time they will come in and it will take some time to sort. Give me til at least the next day. (Unless of course you are coming to help, Hermit.)

I am NOT collecting anyone's money for Bugman (other than mine and TomA's). So, make sure you pay him before you come and pick up.

Bugman - Can you send me a list of what everyone gets and that they have paid you? Just wanna protect you here.

I will advise and update this thread when the grain has arrived.

Grain is in and sorted. All looked to be in good shape. My forearms kinda look like Popeye's after moving 80+ bags around...:D

The pick up location is:

Shenango Steel Buildings, Inc.
33 Carbaugh Street
West Middlesex, PA 16159
Tel: 724 528 9925

Please E-mail me at (remove stars): *campbejb*@*yahoo.com*

To set up a pick-up time. NOTE that I usually only check my email at work, not after hours. Our regular business hours are M-F 9-4:30. However, I live about 2 miles away from my business, so I will try to accommodate requests outside of business hours. Please don't e-mail me at 8:00 PM and expect to pick it up that night. I have no problem e-mail my cell number to you guys after initial e-mail contact.

Hopefully all this grain will result in some great beer that is hangover free for everyone!!!

Big thanks to Bugman for setting this up! :mug:

anyone going up from pittsburgh? if not i might make the journey saturday, if i don't have to work.

Thanks everyone for being patient. Me and sleepy went through everything and all the orders are in stacks. Next time we do this everything will run a lot smoother..

anyone going up from pittsburgh? if not i might make the journey saturday, if i don't have to work.

I might have to make the trip Saturday as well. The wife wants to go to the Grove City Outlet mall so I'm sure this will be a good excuse to swing by and pick up some grain. Though it will probably cost me a Coach purse. :drunk:

Hermit.....with the change of location I can just pick up direct at sleepy's place. Thanks for the offer, I sure would have needed you if the pick up was in Pittsburgh !!

Bigtoe......just wanted to be sure you still wanted me to pick up your bag and take to Cuyahoga Falls.

Logdrum....I'm picking up your two bags and our split.

I'm thinking about making the trip this afternoon or Thursday afternoon depending on how my work goes........

Thanks again bugman and sleepy for making this possible !!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds good, I will be here either day. BTW everyone - I edited my earlier post to include the phone number here at my office. (724 528 9925) PLEASE call before you leave to be sure someone will be here to help you. Ask for me - Brad. I just don't want anyone to drive a long way only to end up being late and missing us here or whatever!

Thanks everyone for being patient. Me and sleepy went through everything and all the orders are in stacks. Next time we do this everything will run a lot smoother..

Any idea when the next purchase will be? I just got a mill and had planned on buying a sack from my LHBS, but at 60 bucks for MO or 2-Row I might just hold out for the next group buy.

rattwo, yeah, if you are going to pick up the grain directly, I would greatly appreciate you hauling my bag to the Cuyahoga Falls area. Thanks! I'll PM you my email and we can set up a pick up time after you get it your way.

Thanks to everyone for making this happen!

i'll get it bigtoe np......i got your pm, i'll email u when i have it back in cuy falls ( hope my little car can hold all this. lol )

oh by the way......my current fee for a 110 mile trip with a 50LB bag of grain is 1 bottle of homebrew !!! ;-)

You guys coming on Saturday - PLEASE email me, and I will email you my cell number, so you can call me when you are getting close to here and I will meet you at my shop.

RATTWO - Lemme know what day and time you will be coming. I have an appt this afternoon and will be leaving the office around 3:00. Tomorrow and Friday I will be here til 4:30.

ok, since there aren't any takers it looks like i am going up saturday. if anyone from pittsburgh needs a pick up, let me know.

rattwo said:
just sent you an email sleepy........1 pm today ( thursday ) if that's ok with you.

Will this push up our time? I'm going to be in gates mills at 2 and it would be a lot easier for me to go directly to Cuyahoga Falls from there.keep me posted.

-d

Will this push up our time? I'm going to be in gates mills at 2 and it would be a lot easier for me to go directly to Cuyahoga Falls from there.keep me posted.

-d

Marc-
I just did a google map & it is putting me at 43 minutes, since I'm leaving Gates Mills 2:00ish, it will still be like 3:00ish.

see you then

I'm bringing an Amber. a pale & an IPA:mug:

-d

that might be fine....leave here at noon get there about 1 pm ( about 6 hrs for a guy at my shape and age to load 7 bags ) i should be back to cuy falls at about 2 pm tp 3 pm i can call you from the road and update you after i load. i think this will load my little car down.....not a speed run back lol ( haven't got the ok from sleepy yet )

Back