Group buy New England ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is interested, I'm looking to put together a bulk order to buy from Valley Malt in Hadley, MA (http://valleymalt.com/malts) to support local small craft businesses and help out any local home brewers who need grains during this time. I plan on going to pick up the order myself (granted it's not catastrophically large!), and can even work with anyone who needs help with delivery to your door (within reason). I'm attaching their pricing sheet here. If anyone is interested, please direct message me, and we can figure something out! Cheers!

Attachments

• VM-MaltPricing-2019-4.pdf (1).pdf
    156.7 KB · Views: 118
Ok, I’m about an hour from you and could meet up your way...no problem. Depending on timing, I’d be interested in a sack of 2 Row Pale and possibly a few 10lb varieties of crystal and roasted.
Keep me posted if you are able to get something going.

thanks!

Ok, I’m about an hour from you and could meet up your way...no problem. Depending on timing, I’d be interested in a sack of 2 Row Pale and possibly a few 10lb varieties of crystal and roasted.
Keep me posted if you are able to get something going.

thanks!
Will do, cheers!

If anyone is interested, I'm looking to put together a bulk order to buy from Valley Malt in Hadley, MA (http://valleymalt.com/malts) to support local small craft businesses and help out any local home brewers who need grains during this time. I plan on going to pick up the order myself (granted it's not catastrophically large!), and can even work with anyone who needs help with delivery to your door (within reason). I'm attaching their pricing sheet here. If anyone is interested, please direct message me, and we can figure something out! Cheers!

Have you put in the order yet ? Just seeing this now. I'm interested !

Have you put in the order yet ? Just seeing this now. I'm interested !

Hi. I haven't placed the order yet as I wanted to give a good amount of time for more people to see this post. Glad I waited! I've gotten enough interest that I think I'm ready to think about a cutoff date for people finding the post, but may wait just a few more days. I'll update this post soon with more info, but if you know of any other homebrewers in your area, please let them know and we can get everyone taken care of. Cheers!

Homebrew Emporium does a discount bulk grain buy a couple times a year. Price is comparable to what I was paying through a group buy before that. Should be happening soon.
As far as I know, they only do the Big Buy once a year in September. But, you can get pretty much anything. Last year I bought 4 sacks, including 3 of Weyermann Barke grains and they ended up being less than $70 each for a sack. Its how I buy all of my base grains now: once a year in bulk via the Emporium's Big Buy.

The order will be placed on Wednesday April 8th at noon, so if you, or anyone you know is interested, please direct message me your order, and we can work out drop off and payment. Cheers!

The order will be placed on Wednesday April 8th at noon, so if you, or anyone you know is interested, please direct message me your order, and we can work out drop off and payment. Cheers!

Crap missed this, if anyone backed out or sack is not claimed let me know.

The time has come for my somewhat annual bulk ingredient buy from BSG Handcraft. Looking to see if any other local home brewers are looking to stock up and if I can assist. If anyone anywhere reasonably drivable from Stow, MA is looking to save some money buying some grains, DME, dry yeast packets, or hops I'm putting together an order through BSG in the next couple weeks (ordering by 2/3/21). They offer most of their grains in 1, 10, and 50/55 lb sacks, DME in 1, 3, and 50/55 lb bags, and hops in 1 oz, 8 oz, or full lb increments. They offer dry yeast from most of the major manufacturers (Fermentis, Lallemand, Mangrove Jack, etc).

You won't see prices since one can only do that with an account with them, but here are links to their webpages for grains, DME, hops, and dry yeast to check out what they have:
Malt - Grains | Welcome | BSG HandCraft | Wholesale Brewing Supplies For Homebrew
Malt - Extract | Welcome | BSG HandCraft | Wholesale Brewing Supplies For Homebrew
Hops | Welcome | BSG HandCraft | Wholesale Brewing Supplies For Homebrew
Yeast | Welcome | BSG HandCraft | Wholesale Brewing Supplies For Homebrew

If you're interested, please PM me and we can work together to figure out what's best for you. I don't mind working out driving and meeting somewhere and will take necessary COVID precautions. Cheers!

Just a reminder that there's just about a week till I place the order with BSG if anyone else is wanting to get in on it. Cheers!

Nothing planned on my end, but if there’s enough interest/demand I’d be willing to make a trip.

Jaspers in Nashua, NH has great sack malt prices. ie: 50# sacks of Weyermann German Pilsner are $59.99 and 2-row Base is typically less expensive than that!

I bought the first sack of Crisp No 19 maris otter from them. $70 for a 55# sack. Was hoping a group buy would have a better price per sack than that. If not, I'll keep getting the grain from them. Same trip I bought more than 50# of other grains to get my inventory to where it's good for several batches. I'm switching over to use maris otter for all my recipes once the last ~20# of Golden Promise is used up (coming two stouts will do that). Doing what I can to simplify my inventory for my recipes. Luckily, it's not difficult. Once the Golden Promise is used up, I'll have another barrel that I can use to store more MO.

I've been going to Jasper's for more than a while. Back when they were in the old location (in downtown Nashua) and then when they moved. I typically call to see if they have something (or have it in stock since the site isn't always up to date).

Our club is the Knights of the Mashing Fork based in the Manchester / Vernon area with some members from a bit further out. We typically do a bulk grain order together 2x a year, once in the Spring and once in the Fall. The order also covers our needs for our brews on our club system. I'm not sure if the other homebrew clubs do bulk buys as well or not but something to consider.

FYI the 3 Homebrew Emporiums in Mass (Weymouth, Cambridge and West Boylston) plus the upstate NY location just announced a Fall grain buy. Here's a link to the list. Grain Buy – Fall 2020 Annoucement Good time for clubs to jump on it and maybe split purchases.

They also have a Cider Buy going on right now. 5gal cider for $30 (if you provide vessel) or $50 to get a 5gal bucket with your cider.

FYI for those that buy a lot and like to keep base malt stocked. Chat with Jim (the owner) and he will hook you up with bulk pricing on sacks if you source 3+ at a time. They are also a supplier to some of the smaller breweries in the area offering the same or similar discount in bulk pricing. If twice a year isn't enough for you to restock 2 row and other common base grains this might be a good option for you.

Sorry for the later than anticipated response to this on my end. If anyone is still looking for a bulk order, please DM me and we can talk through what you're looking for, prices, timeline, etc. I'm based in central MA, and pickup from the BSG warehouse down in Warwick, RI. It's typically not hard for me to coordinate meeting up as long as it's not too far of a drive. Cheers!

A few have reached out to me, so the order is a go! I'll be placing the order on Wednesday October 27th, 2021 and be picking it up on Friday October 29th, 2021. In case anyone is reading this for the first time and doesn't want to scroll through the comments here's a recap.

If anyone anywhere reasonably drivable from central MA is looking to save some money buying some grains, DME, dry yeast packets, or hops I'm putting together an order through BSG in the next couple weeks. They offer most of their grains in 1, 10, and 50/55 lb sacks, DME in 1, 3, and 50/55 lb bags, and hops in 1 oz, 8 oz, or full lb increments. They offer dry yeast from most of the major manufacturers (Fermentis, Lallemand, Mangrove Jack, etc).

You won't see prices since one can only do that with an account with them, but here are links to their webpages for grains, DME, hops, and dry yeast to check out what they have:
Malt - Grains | Welcome | BSG HandCraft | Wholesale Brewing Supplies For Homebrew
Malt - Extract | Welcome | BSG HandCraft | Wholesale Brewing Supplies For Homebrew

If you're interested, please PM me and we can work together to figure out what's best for you. I don't mind working out driving and meeting somewhere and will take necessary COVID precautions. Cheers!

A few have reached out to me, so the order is a go! I'll be placing the order on Wednesday October 27th, 2021 and be picking it up on Friday October 29th, 2021. In case anyone is reading this for the first time and doesn't want to scroll through the comments here's a recap.

If anyone anywhere reasonably drivable from central MA is looking to save some money buying some grains, DME, dry yeast packets, or hops I'm putting together an order through BSG in the next couple weeks. They offer most of their grains in 1, 10, and 50/55 lb sacks, DME in 1, 3, and 50/55 lb bags, and hops in 1 oz, 8 oz, or full lb increments. They offer dry yeast from most of the major manufacturers (Fermentis, Lallemand, Mangrove Jack, etc).

DM sent!

Good morning fellow New England brewers!
I've gotten some interest in another brewing ingredients run, so wanted to reach out here again to see if anyone had any ingredient needs. In case anyone is reading this for the first time and doesn't want to scroll through the comments here's a recap.

If you're interested, please DM me and we can work together to figure out what's best for you. I don't mind working out driving and meeting somewhere. Cheers!

I’m looking to place the order on Sept 20th and will pickup on Sept 23rd. Please let me know if you’d like to get in on the order before then. Cheers!

Hello fellow New England brewers!
I've gotten some interest in another brewing ingredients run for before the end of the year (2023), so wanted to reach out here again to see if anyone had any ingredient needs. In case anyone is reading this for the first time and doesn't want to scroll through the comments here's a recap.

If you're interested, please DM me and we can work together to figure out what's best for you. I don't mind working out driving and meeting somewhere. Cheers!

Back