Greetings!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdspace

Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself. Heard about this site on homebrew.stackexchange.com and thought I'd take a look.

I boiled up my first batch ever last saturday, and it seems to be progressing nicely. I transferred to a secondary yesterday and had a small taste, exactly what I was expecting. It's been hard waiting, but fun overall. I'm going to force myself to wait another week to let it clear up, and then on to bottles.

DOOD! I made beer!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

Yo you made beer !
Enjoy your new hobby, but from the outset , Try, To, Slow, Down.
Try not to bottle before four weeks, regardless of instructions.
Have fun with it, and get another brew on ASAP

Oh, one more thing that can't be stressed enough -- the airlock is NOT an indicator of fermentation activity. If you don't already have a hydrometer, go pick up one and a clear tube to hold the sample and test your gravity. When it's the same for three straight days, THEN it's "done" and you can bottle then if you like, or even better, leave it alone for another week to give the yeast time to clean up some of the byproducts of fermentation that can lead to off flavors. :)

Indeed about the airlock. I think all of my fermentation happened the first day while I was at work. I've never seen it bubble, though I did see an indication of pressure in the airlock. My gravity has been steady for two days, checked with a hydrometer and thief. But like I said, I'm forcing myself to wait another week before bottling

Had a tasting party last night, two weeks after bottling. Success! Not too bitter, a little cloudy, awesome aroma, taste and smell. Everyone loved it.

Back