Greetings from New Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Barnegat

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently stumbled upon this site, and it seems to have a ton of great information. I have been making wine (last batch was a Chilean Cabernet) for some time now, but I think beer brewing is more for me. I drink far more beer anyway, enjoy it more, and it doesn't take 18 months to make. I am currently upgrading my equipment so that I can start brewing.

I am from NJ, and grew up fishing the waters of the Barnegat Bay - that is probably my favorite thing to do in my free time. As such, my new beer will be called Old Barnegat Brew Craft. I am truely excited!

Hey Old Barnegat,
I too am from Jersey. I'm up in Bayonne, a New York transplant. Been a very long time since I've brewed. Tried my first batch in almost 10 years last year...not bad but not good either. Hoping to really get back into it in October.

Found my 15gal brewing kettle cleaning out my basement!:tank:

Bobby,
Right now I am up in the Millburn area. My family lives down south... well south from me. They are in Toms River (just before the Seaside Bridge) so I am still down that way whenever I get a chance. My schedule is CRAZY right now... I am in my last year of medical school and put in about 80+ hours a week at the hospital. If I could find the time, I would be all about meeting some local brewers and getting some tips from the guys with more experience than me (ie just about everyone)!

Back