Greetings from Kentucky (the bluegrass state)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYJRL

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Been brewing for about 3 years now and plan to build an e-herms when I move into my new house. I'm a huge IPA fan and wanted to ask if anyone had a suggestion on which I should brew next. Thanks

Joshua

Welcome!

The recipe section has tons of IPA recipes. Or, if you're looking to branch out, it also has pretty much anything else you'd be interested in.

Ive been going a bit IPA nuts and Id suggest a white or black one. Ive been trying to come up with what types of hops (in terms of flavor groups) go best with black or white IPAs. 100% brett IPAs are also very very interesting with fruity hops, you usually cant tell where the hops end and the brett begins

For normal IPAs, ive been digging this combo of belma and huell melon. Im trying different 3rd hops to round it out (hallertau blanc worked best for far), but the belma and huell melon is amazing. It makes a strawberry melon flavored beer with a very non-aggressive bitterness. Much different than anything ive tasted in beer so far. You gotta hopstand the crap out of it though. Dont suppose youre anywhere in far western KY? Ive got close to 1000 bottles I need to share

Thank you both for the info. I'm not just an IPA fan but it is my favorite. I'm big into red ales as well. Thinking about trying a porter. It will be my first so I hope it goes well. I really wish I could help you out with your situation m00ps but unfortunately I'm in Texas right now. I actually live in Breckinridge county so about mid Ky. I've tried white and black IPAs and I love the taste but never brewed one. I will have to give it a go.

Back