Greetings from England!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewdedoo

Reaction score
Heya everybody,

Nice place you have here! So much information my head is spinning (or is that the beer)

Only just got into the idea of home brewing, I’m on a mega tight budget and am 5 days into my first wine experiment also have started another today with some rudimentary beginner gear but already feels a bit more scientific.

All in all good fun, but the wife wants her space back in the house and is “encouraging” me to move it all to the garage 😂 and that’s going to introduce some more challenges.

I have a lot more reading to do!

Hows the beer over in your area? Last I was in the UK there were some excellent local brews, some boring mega brews, but not that much selection in terms of styles. Great if you like bitter, maybe some cool cask ales at the right pub. But nothing like the overwhelming selection of American breweries. Today, even small cities boast dozens of creative breweries. And beer stores offer astonishing selection.

Thanks!

My issue about the garage is temperature control, but I am looking into a heat mat and insulation. Of course this will change once summer is upon us.

Hows the beer over in your area? Last I was in the UK there were some excellent local brews, some boring mega brews, but not that much selection in terms of styles. Great if you like bitter, maybe some cool cask ales at the right pub. But nothing like the overwhelming selection of American breweries. Today, even small cities boast dozens of creative breweries. And beer stores offer astonishing selection.
It’s kicked off with the crazy craft beers coming in from all over the world but I haven’t found much that I really like in the local home brew shops that are brewed near me but then again I am right in the sticks so there isn’t much choice. The imports can be so pricy! One of my faves was the booth’s blackcurrant milkshake ipa all the way from South Korea.

Not a craft beer but this French Triple is my current fave. Good ol’ Aldi!

Attachments

• 20252119-AC5D-407C-8A25-896DBAA71CCB.jpeg
    20252119-AC5D-407C-8A25-896DBAA71CCB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back