Greeting from North Dallas, TX area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txpitmaster

Reaction score
Greeting from North Dallas area of Tx. Havent started brewing yet, still in the researching and reading everything I can get my hands on stage. Im sure Ill have a lot of questions in the near future!

Wyndell
:mug:

welcome to your new obsession!
I'm originally from Garland but out in Sulphur Springs now. I think u have a lhbs in Richardson & at least a few brewers from that area on this forum

Welcome! Soon you'll be running downstairs like a kid on Christmas morning to see if yesterday's brew is bubbling yet.

One piece of advice I wish someone had given me when I started brewing...back when 'Friends' was in primetime:

Participate/attend/join a homebrew club in your area. You'll speed up the learning curve and probably find folks who will let you sit in during brew days. Maybe even find another newbie who will share some of the startup costs. We're a friendly bunch.

Thanks for the welcome and tips! I may stop at a brew shop today to browse. I'm really interested in Mead so need to find a good relatively inexpensive source for honey!

Welcome from a Winter Texan, way down south from you.

Honey is expensive, especially my favorites like tupelo honey and orange blossom, but maybe you can find some at a good price with a bit of searching.

I agree you should try and visit a club especially on a brew day. We have a few and it is a great way to learn. If my new system gets here soon I might also have some stuff available to start.

Ill check them out thanks! Sams Club had some today that wasnt too bad, 15lbs for about $80 but wont be doing that every few weeks lol.

Greeting from North Dallas area of Tx. Havent started brewing yet, still in the researching and reading everything I can get my hands on stage. Im sure Ill have a lot of questions in the near future!

Wyndell
:mug:

Try and Check out Bluebonnet Brewoff In Irving

Venue Dallas Marriott Las Colinas
223 W Las Colinas Blvd
Irving, TX 75039 United States

its funny about the time I think I understand things, Ill read something else and I have no clue again lol!

Well Ive got some blackberry liqueur going and last night I got a carboy of honey mead going strong. Hoping this weekend to start on an Amber Ale but have some questions for my LHBS on the extract I got and Im waiting on my brew pot to be delivered.

Welcome to the forum. Answers to just about everything you can come up with are on here somewhere! I'm in Texas out near Rockwall, but originally from North Dallas and before that Richardson. :mug:

Back