Gree Flash west coast ipa clone steps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubleit

Reaction score
So I am Brand new at home brewing. I am a true hop head and am trying my hand at brewing some home batch's. I found the green flash west coast clone recipe on this forum so many have brewed it and talked about how great this turned out. If Anyone out there can give me some steps in brewing this recipe that would be great. I have all the supplies and equipment i just need some know how on running the wort in the fermentation and dry hop period. This is my first time i don't expect it to be great but i want to get a good start i just need help with the steps! Thanks for your input.:D

Here is original thread for the recipe https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/can-you-brew-recipe-green-flash-west-coast-ipa-175363/

If you brew this, please reply with your results.

SG 1069
79% apparent attenuation
FG 1013-1014
SRM 8.8
7.4% abv
IBUs

90 minute boil

WLP001. Ferment starting at 68F, let it increase to 72F over the course of fermentation.

14 lbs US 2 row
1.31 lbs Crystal 40 (substituted for Carastan)
1.31 lbs Carapils

0.5oz simcoe @90m
0.25oz simcoe @60m
0.25oz columbus @60m
0.25oz simcoe @30m
0.25oz columbus @30m
0.75oz simcoe @15m
0.75oz columbus @15m
1oz cascade @10m
0.5oz columbus @1m
0.5oz simcoe @1m
0.5oz each of amarillo, simcoe, columbus, centennial, and cascade for dry hop.

Mash @ 152F for 35m or until conversion
Mash out @ 168F
Sparge @ 170F

Tasty mentioned adding gypsum, but did not specifiy further. Nathan recommended finding the water report for Santa Cruz, CA. He then said that water additions probably don't play a huge role in this particular beer.

Tasty and Nathan recommending either adding 0.5oz columbus @90m or increasing the simcoe to 1oz @90m.
Keg 4:
Keg 5:
Keg 6:
Fermenting: Arrogant Bastard Clone, BCS Dry stout

Planned: Rye IPA, ESB, Oatmeal Pale Ale, Rye Amber

Can You Brew It Recipe Database
Convert an all grain recipe to extract
Hop Substitution Chart
Last edited by EricCSU; 04-28-2010 at 03:38 AM. Reason: clarifying water notes
EricCSU is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN I JUST NEED A WALK THROUGH ON THE COMPLETE PROCESS

After chilling my wort, I siphon into the fermenter. As for dry hopping, wait till the fermentation is done (3 weeks works for me) and then dry hop for 7-10 days.

Are you doing all-grain brewing? Or extract brewing? That will determine the instructions as well as the ingredients. What do you have for equipment?

I plan on brewing it all grain (I have never tried to do this before). I have a glass 6 gallon carboy and fermentation bucket a soda keg system. I am planning on using a turkey fryer set up for the heat source for the wort. I just need help on how to start the steeping and fermentation process. The kegging and bottling aspects i have down. Just the steps for going through this process would be awesome . I have done a fair amount of research everyone points to the experts here.

If you haven't already, you should read Palmer's How to Brew. It has all the steps, and will be a good reference as you gain experience.

Back