Great Divide Titan IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyjaffy

Reaction score
Anyone have a recipe for Titan IPA, or can you just tell me what hops are in it? I picked up a sixer of it and I've tried two bottles now and just can't handle it. In general, I love a good hop bomb, but either I've got a couple skunky brews or my palate is just not suited to the hop flavor profile in this IPA. I'm relatively new to homebrewing and haven't figured out what all the different hops taste like. I want to be sure not to brew anything that has the same hops that Titan has in it.

I want to be sure not to brew anything that has the same hops that Titan has in it.

LMAO! It's one of my favorites and I found this thread while looking for a clone recipe. The hops are supposedly Simcoe, Amarillo, & Columbus. I have mixed feelings about Sim & Col but Amarillo and I will party any and every time. For me at least, finding out my feelings on Simcoe & Columbus would set me back 4 bucks at the LHBS. Buy em, cut em open, and then decide right there whether you want to rock with them or replace them. Or I guess in your case avoid them completely.

I've had Titan twice before, first when I bought a 6 pack of it back in November sometime, and then back in March with a bottle I got in a beer swap I did with my brother who's in NC.

It tasted great in November, and like crap in March. I figured I just had an old or poorly treated bottle.

Columbus, Simcoe, Amarillo is one of the best hop combos out there for a strong IPA!!!! My opinion of course, but I will not have their names dragged through the mud!!!! Just kidding, but I do enjoy that combo to death. In fact, I just made a tremendous red IIPA with loads of those hops and 8% alc... it is so far the BEST beer I have ever made, though it is still too young to drink yet. I do like the Titan beer myself, but I think they either have a grain in there that should not be, or, just a bit too much columbus for bittering. There is a bit of an imbalance with that beer somewhere.

Back