gravity and carbonation...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CROM

Reaction score
Im not sure how to ask this, but here goes...

If I want a beer to carb fast after I put it into bottles, can I bottle them at a 1.010 FG and add priming sugar?

Im thinking that at a gravity of 1.010 the yeast is still farting CO2 add that with the priming sugar and it should be very very carbonated....

or

bottle bombs?

usually I would just let it do its thing, but since Im making a bland american style lite lager for my friends I figured it was just going to taste like water anyways....

Don't ever bottle your beer when it's not finished. The risk of bottle bombs is higher than you probably think. Patience...

Don't ever bottle your beer when it's not finished. The risk of bottle bombs is higher than you probably think. Patience...

Yeah, you don't want to do it that way, you'll be playing Russian Roulette with bottle bombs.

If it is a low abv, under 1.060, then you will find that with bottling the proper way and having it above 70, that it will probably be ready in a couple weeks anyway.

Latest posts

Back