Grand Cru Ferment time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WortHog1242

Reaction score
Bottled a Brewfirm product...Grand Cru about a week ago. I read where someone had it bottled for a year and it only got better. A YEAR? ::eek: God grant me patience...and I want it right now.
I was planning to bottle condition for about 6-8 weeks. Now I have second thoughts. Any suggestions/thoughts?
Thanks.

Many types of beers, especially high ABV, will benefit from extensive aging. That doesn't mean it won't be good after a couple months in the bottle though. The only thing is, when you are down to your last 6-pack you will realize how good it tastes aged longer and wish you had more :) Next time make a double batch and hide half of it for a year. That way you'll have some sooner and some later!

Thanks knifefight. I made a decent size batch, so I can do as you suggest. A year though? Ouch. But you're right, gives me an excuse to brew more.

A year may not be needed. What you should do is hide away some and give it 6 months. After that pull out a bottle once and month and sample it.

Back