• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Grainfather with Connect and old controller, Grainfather sparge heater, and cart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinSoldier

Reaction score
I'm finally upgrading to a 1BBL system and selling my Grainfather with Connect controller. Everything works great and never had any problems. I also have the old controller that will go with it. I have the Grainfather sparge water heater as well and a cart that goes with it. The CFC goes with it as well as the immersion chiller I bought for it.

Extras that are included:
-Grainfather Connect controller($150)
-Grainfather sparge heater($160)
-Grainfather graincoat($60)
-Grainfather hopspider($42)
-Grainfather Micro pipework($40)
-SS 50' immersion chiller($90)
-Rolling cart from Amazon that I modified($38)

Asking $1100 for everything which is a really good deal for someone wanting a complete setup.

I'm in Modesto,Ca. Still would be for homebrewing right now with hopes of moving into the Nano world and hopefully a small taproom down the road. Trying to get my name out there by entering comps and festivals, serving my beer at weddings, etc. Just can't keep up with 5 gallon batches.

If you're willing to part out just the connect, let me know.

Good luck with the sale.

If ur willing to part out and ship. Let me know. Interested in the sparse heater, connect, and micro pipe works

Bump..to whoever buys this in the next week, I'll throw in a free refractometer from NB($68).

Bump..also willing to trade towards some nice 30 gallon kettles.

Last edited:
Hi - are these still available? I'd be interested in both of the legacy (original) GF controllers.

Just to clarify for anyone else. Not sure why people would think that I'd part out a complete, functioning, problem free Grainfather but I'll go ahead and make it clear.

****Not parting this out!!! It is sold as a complete unit!!*****

Gotcha - my reason for asking was that you noted both the original and Connect controller. I'm looking for an original controller for a mash and brew controller upgrade. Good luck with the sale, as a complete set.

whats the SS IC for? i assume you use this in place of the CFC that came with the unit?

how old is the unit?

whats the SS IC for? i assume you use this in place of the CFC that came with the unit?

how old is the unit?

Yeah I didn't feel like the CFC that it came with was chilling as fast as I'd like so I ordered a SS IC to see how it worked. I've continued using it as for me it's easier to clean, but the problem wasn't with my chillers, it was the temp of my groundwater just not getting anywhere cool enough. Grainfather I bought new August 2016. Everything else was bought in 2017.

Funny thing is that it seems like these older models were built way better than the newer ones that are having all kinds of issues. I've brewed a ton of batches on mine and never had one single issue. If I wasn't upgrading to do bigger size batches I would just keep it.

Last edited:
Got it. Im unloading a pico zymatic so hopefully that happens soon and ill circle back. Want to go bigger size without having to brew twice.

Got it. Im unloading a pico zymatic so hopefully that happens soon and ill circle back. Want to go bigger size without having to brew twice.

I feel ya. I'm in that same exact boat. Brewing the same recipe twice in the same day SUCKS!

Weekend bump. To make the deal even better and to free up some space, I'll include a brand new in the box fast ferment conical fermenter with stand. I can't believe this hasn't sold yet at this price, but there is another $150 item being thrown in free. Everything you need to brew all in one package.

Back