Grainfather Kickstarter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you wait long enough, you could just tell your wife you didn't win after all

Repeat after me....

I want a Grainfather...
I want a Grainfather...

I want QuadConPana to win the kettle on the second drawing.

Here is a boil test I did. Got it going real good by augmenting with an $8 heat stick. I'm very happy with the system after addressing this issue.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU8_HquaETA[/ame]

I got a 1,500 watt hotrod from https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/hotrod.htm, I'll post a video soon. but it is absolutely awesome. bobby rocks, it is a great product, and it doubles the power of the GF. I use it for heating the water up to mash temp in the GF, then while it is mashing to heat the sparge water up in a separate vessel, then after sparge back in the GF up to boil. the product is amazing. you need a separate circuit to run it on, but if you have a decent extension cord, is no problem. I highly recommend you talk to bobby, it is a great product. cuts down brew day at least an hour

I got a 1,500 watt hotrod from https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/hotrod.htm, I'll post a video soon. but it is absolutely awesome. bobby rocks, it is a great product, and it doubles the power of the GF. I use it for heating the water up to mash temp in the GF, then while it is mashing to heat the sparge water up in a separate vessel, then after sparge back in the GF up to boil. the product is amazing. you need a separate circuit to run it on, but if you have a decent extension cord, is no problem. I highly recommend you talk to bobby, it is a great product. cuts down brew day at least an hour

Yeah offsetting the element with another heat source solves most all the problems with the US version. I guess some people could complain they want hard boil capability out of the box, but when running it on a 120v it's barely possible. Even when going with a higher end solution (like yours) it's still a low cost for what the system does. I'm extremely pleased with mine so far.

I also plan on utilizing mine to heat strike/sparge water and cut some time off the brew day. I was able to get from ground water temps to boil in 23 minutes vs. 51 minutes when just using the GF element. Looking forward to your video.

Yeah offsetting the element with another heat source solves most all the problems with the US version. I guess some people could complain they want hard boil capability out of the box, but when running it on a 120v it's barely possible. Even when going with a higher end solution (like yours) it's still a low cost for what the system does. I'm extremely pleased with mine so far.

I also plan on utilizing mine to heat strike/sparge water and cut some time off the brew day. I was able to get from ground water temps to boil in 23 minutes vs. 51 minutes when just using the GF element. Looking forward to your video.

What is the model number and manufacturer of the $8 heat stick you bought on Amazon?

for anyone looking to see what the hot rod does with a GF, check out the attached video. I had a decent boil before, with the hot rod it is explosive. next step get a smaller hop spider

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back