Grain Screwup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VV_Wildcatfan

Reaction score
So I was having a few homebrews last week and ordering grains for two separate brews from Texas Brewing. Turns out it must have been one too many because I accidentally placed the two pounds of Vienna malt on my second grain bill, which is a 100% MO pale ale. Now I have 12# of MO and 2# of Vienna already crushed and mixed. I'm looking for any recipe ideas for this grain bill. I do 5 gallon batches BIAB but could potentially do a 10 gallon batch if I sparge. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

I honestly believe if you had not mentioned the mistake you made and simply posted the recipe, you'd get thumbs up! Looks just fine as 6.67% is not really out of the ballpark high for a standard drinking ale. In other words, I'd stick with a 5.5G batch.

I bought some Moteuka to see how it would work in an IPA with Galaxy. Please send feedback once your beer is conditioned.

No mistake there, just sounds like your drunken self writes good recipes ;)
My limited experience with Motueka was that it's a lot less potent then some of the other juicy/tropical hops like citra, galaxy, etc. and for me at least seemed to get lost. Not sure if that was just the particular supply I had. I did like it in a single hop wheat I did.

I just did a pale ale with galaxy and Motueka and it did seem to take a back seat to the galaxy but I still have over half a pound left so it's getting tossed in again. I do plan on a pilsner soon using motueka replacing saaz and I'll post how they go.

Back