Grain mill with broken adjustment knob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassaholic

Reaction score
I’ve been having issues with my grain mill recently. I think it’s a cereal killer or one very similar to that. The main issue I was having is the grain will randomly stop feeding through and I have to dump it out adjust the rollers and try again. After this happened so many times I decided to take the whole mill apart and clean/lubricate where necessary.

Here’s where I ran into the issue. There’s 2 eye bolts that hold the adjustment knob from turning. One came out very easily, but the other required some force to loosen. After disassembling and cleaning everything I put it back together to find the threads of the difficult eye bolt are now stripped. It doesn’t hold the adjustment knob from slipping at all.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or does anyone have recommendations on grain mills that have a better design? I never really cared for the knobs that need an eye bolt to secure them. The knob would always twist when I fully tightened the bolt and I’d have to readjust.

Back