Graff question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drpookie

Reaction score
My first batch is on day #3 bubbling away. I plan to back blend with have again as much apple juice for sweetness. I have a 5 gallon Corny which I will force carbonate and let sit for a week before enjoying. I am going to have 2.5 gallons left over I plan to bottle.
Since its back blended, my research indicates I will need to use campden tablets to keep fermentation at bay. Also, I plan to use a priming sugar to carbonate. Anything I am missing here, or will this be OK?

I don't find it necessary to back-sweeten. The unfermentable sugars in the malt and crystal will leave it somewhere around 1.006. Just ferment dry, add priming sugar and bottle. If you then find it too dry (and I don't think you will) you can add apples juice to the glass.

I appreciate that, but the recipe I am emulating calls for 50% back blending, just trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

So guys, if i backblend, am I OK to cold crash, then keg and force carbonate? No need for K-meta or heat pasteurization if in the Keg under C02 correct?

Back