Grady's Pitch Invastion My second batch !!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHeadGrady

Reaction score
For my second batch I decided to try a mash extract using Mutons LME, English 2 row, their Yorkshire Bitter kit, and some Gelena leaf hops (OG 1048 FG 1012). I had previously snuck a few out of the fermenter over a week ago, but it was much too green. Still, not bad.

It sat for 4 weeks in primary, and 7 days ago I bottled it. Today I decided to take a sample, just to take a watermark and judge conditioning. I was blown away with it, for where it is at. There's a lot of carbonation, thick creamy head, and the beer is really full bodied. There's lacing all down the glass. It suits this time of year in Canada.

I am uploading a vid of the pour etc, will be up shortly. My first batch of Coopers Lager and Brew Enhancer was 'beer', but this is really quality stuff. I have no prior experience with homebrew, but this exceeds what I thought was possible. Now to have my wife put a padlock on the storage room for another 2 weeks...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/pict0151x.jpg/

pict0151x.jpg

pict0154qx.jpg

pict0150q.jpg

Thanks. I had a couple extra bottles left over from my first batch so I bottled 2 of em at the 2 week mark. They were good, but nothing like this.

Back