Goya Banana Nectar question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tschafer

Reaction score
So. Just keg a 5g batch Hefe. My mash pH was a solid 5.0, underpitched and fermented 75-78 temp. Solid brew day and fermentation. Banana aroma is moderate. Its there, its noticeable and its good beer. :ban:

But…I want to take it a step further with this one. Goya Banana Nectar in the Keg.

Now my question is ratio for this. If the hefe and nectar is mixed in a glass, 4:1 or 5:1 ratios are expected.

But I can't find anything on adding it to the keg. Looking for anyone that has tried this and what the results and amount were.

thanks

Haven't tried this, but keep in mind that stuff has high fructose corn syrup and regular corn syrup according to the label. Looks like 39 grams of sugar per 9.6 fluid ounces. It's going to ferment out in the keg. Not sure what type of residual flavor it will leave in the beer. You could try naturally priming with this stuff in the keg. Might be interesting to see how it comes out.

Back