Got kids? Got a trampoline?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lschiavo

This space for rent.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
You have to make this! A ring of PEX tubing, a tee, garden hose fitting and something to tie the pex to the trampoline frame. The kids love it! This is the second summer. I don't think they will ever get tired of it.

Forgot a small drill bit to make the sprinkler holes.

ForumRunner_20110606_172818.jpg

Sounds like a brain injury/broken bone waiting to happen. Don't mean to be the downer, but i've seen trampoline injuries bone dry.

still, the naked child in the 2nd pic is...eh...i won't go there.

wow, i'm all kinds of fun with this crummy post.

I made up a big "Doorway" using something like that, and using PVC pipe, and little screw in mister attachments. Kids run through and ride bikes through, etc. Do a search for Kid Wash on instructables, which is where I got the idea from.

We used to just turn the hose on and soak the trampoline. This looks awesome!. I plan on getting a trampoline when my boy gets older. This will be a must.

This looks like a ton of fun. Unfortunately, I think my homeowner's policy has an exclusion for injuries caused by "intentionally spraying water on the surface of an unenclosed trampoline during use by children".

It seems odd but I think our trampline is actually less slippery when wet. Sure, this could be dangerous but we have rules to try and keep it as safe as possible. I don't let other neighborhood kids go on it. I definitely don't want that liability!

It is kind of sad what kids miss out on these days because everyone is worried about getting sued for something. I remember a huge slide at the lake that was half in the water and a dock with a diving board. My father told me the state park used to have a huge dock with a high-dive platform. No wonder all kids want to do is play video games, someone took away all the fun/dangerous things to do.

AMEN! As a parent of a young kid, I too feel conflicted by the urge to have the kids cut loose and have fun and the specter of liability and insurance premiums.... I pity kids today.

We used to just turn the hose on and soak the trampoline. This looks awesome!. I plan on getting a trampoline when my boy gets older. This will be a must.

My biggest injury fear with getting my daughter a trampoline would be her head exploding from too much joy. My God, she's a bundle of energy. I saw one listed on Craigslist the other day, but I'm not sure if that's something I'd want to buy used.

Personally I just think trampolines are Darwin accelerators. Of course it's fun. But, what you have done is effectively made a dangerous thing, more dangerous. Kids don't know better, adults should. The only bones my father worried about me breaking, were ones that had spinal cords inside them. Arms and legs heal, backs and necks don't. Just sayin.

I do agree though that kids these days don't have it as good as even my generation did. Too much media being force-fed down their throats. Too much TV, video games, internet. Cell phones when they turn 12. Do they even ride bikes anymore?

On a related note, this would have come in handy when my brother burned our trampoline down while using a magnifying glass to burn leaves underneath it. Trampolines are extremely flammable, apparently. I got to use a fire extinguisher though! Ha.

what you have done is effectively made a dangerous thing, more dangerous.

and hella more fun! I do see your point though. I definitely dont want my kids injured and I am a borderline overprotective father. I just think the fun outweighs the risk here. And like I said earlier, there are safety rules.

Latest posts

Back