Got a sweet deal on a Beverage Air fridge for my ferm chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vince805

Reaction score
I found this Beverage Air 2 door fridge on craigslist and my wife bought it for me for Fathers day. It needed to be cleaned up a bit, but it worked great. I can fit 3 buckets in it.

IMG_20120613_072338.jpg

IMG_20120613_072402.jpg

Has anyone used this kind of fridge for a ferm chamber? Trying to find out how I could get the lines (temp probe, power cord for heating device) into the fridge without having them against the door gasket. Can I drill a hole in the back or the sides, and use a grommet or something?

Looks like a sweet ferm chamber in the making! I don't know if there would be any wiring or cooling in the sides, probably is in the back but the doors should be free of such things. Contact the manufacturer and see if you can get a wiring diagram or something.

I found this Beverage Air 2 door fridge on craigslist and my wife bought it for me for Fathers day. It needed to be cleaned up a bit, but it worked great. I can fit 3 buckets in it.

IMG_20120613_072338.jpg

IMG_20120613_072402.jpg

Has anyone used this kind of fridge for a ferm chamber? Trying to find out how I could get the lines (temp probe, power cord for heating device) into the fridge without having them against the door gasket. Can I drill a hole in the back or the sides, and use a grommet or something?

Hey, I know this is old, but I was wondering if you ever got your Bev-Air converted to a ferm chamber? I'm looking at a Bev-Air 24 that's for sale right now. Any advice, tips, tricks, or suggestions? Thanks.

Back