Got 300 bucks should I ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adanac58

Reaction score
Save 300 towards the new i7 computer

Buy a new rifle
Or
Get my handgun permit ?

Tough choice need yer guys help! Lol

Get your CCW. Don't waste your time with a computer, you likely just browse the net.

And it sounds like you already have a rifle.

Cambone said:
Get your CCW. Don't waste your time with a computer, you likely just browse the net.

And it sounds like you already have a rifle.

Yes I already have a rifle .. Thanks for the input guys

Oh and I'm in Canada if i get my handgun permit I'm only able to buy pistols and use them on my own property I'm not allowed to holster it and go to town ( WTF ) and with my handgun permit the cops have a right to come on my property without a warrant

adanac58 said:
Oh and I'm in Canada if i get my handgun permit I'm only able to buy pistols and use them on my own property I'm not allowed to holster it and go to town ( WTF ) and with my handgun permit the cops have a right to come on my property without a warrant

What's the point then? do you have to have this permit thing to buy hand guns in Canada?

brewingmeister said:
What's the point then? do you have to have this permit thing to buy hand guns in Canada?

No, this was one of my choices
. But the purpose would be so i can fire handguns at my range

This made me sick to my stomach.

brewingmeister said:
I guess I'm not following the permit thing in Canada.

Between those two choices, it would definitely not be to give up my rights though.

I'm debating weather i like pistols more than i do my rights ( lol ) I have nothing to hide but I don't like the idea that a cop can just waltz in my place because of a noise complaint during a party or something .. But I do love the idea of shooting pistols at plinking targets ... Lol

Yeah, I'm not familiar with the Canadian pistol law. Is that just new guns or does that apply to second hand sales as well?

How about option C... Whole hog bbq and a party?

With a pc, it'll need upgraded sooner rather than later, you've got a rifle, and giving up your rights suck, I vote brewing supplies =D

But of course I don't see the big deal with guns, no one has them over here in aussieland

Computers lose value fast.
You've already got a rifle.
No way on the pistol permit. Not even a CCW and you give away your rights???

I was going to suggest an air pistol but apparently, any air pistol over 500fps is considered the same as a handgun in Canada. ("air gun laws" at wiki)
Still, there are quite a few air pistols with less than that muzzle velocity which would be considered unrestricted in Canada.
example would be the Walther CP-99
Walther-CP99-Compact_Walther-2252206_sm.jpg

Or this one ...
index.php

Not a Glock ... a Crosman T-4

lots of others - the velocity is listed on this site for various pistols ... http://www.pyramydair.com/air-pistols/

This got me curious about Canadian firearms laws ... wow.
I think we take what we have for granted here in the States.

If your point is to own a handgun ... You might be better off just joining an authorized shooting range.

" ... an individual must demonstrate to the CFO that they possess the firearm for the purpose they indicated when the firearm was acquired. The CFO is able to confirm the purpose by looking at an individual’s history of ATT issuance over the term of their licence (for target practice) and by reviewing the records kept by a club/range.

If the CFO determines that the restricted/prohibited firearm is not being used for the purpose stated by the individual, the CFO can recommend to the Canadian Firearms Program that the registration certificate for the firearm be revoked. If revoked, the individual would be required to dispose of the firearm (transfer of registration, turn-in to police for destruction)."

(note that in the above paragraph it does not state "used for a purpose other than" (stated by the individual) but simply "not being used for the purpose". This would SEEM to suggest that having a handgun just laying around not being used actively for the purpose stated in your license application is enough to put your registration in jeopardy)

Here's a link to those regulations re: target shooting at the RCMP website
(click) Target Shooters

Ugly stuff.

Homercidal said:
Your Gun laws suck, but at least you have high taxes and Celine Dion!

Yea our gun laws are the worst ... One thing Harper did was let us keep out long rifles , I wouldn't be surprised if the next man in command took that away

Move to Pennsylvania. Your Carry Permit will run you $25 for 5 years with no loss of rights.

As an aside, I was pulled over for speeding this summer and informed the state policeman that my registration and insurance card were in the glove compartment with my pistol and asked how he wanted me to proceed. I showed him my carry permit as I said that. He said to go ahead and get them; he didn't care one whit that I had a loaded pistol. He didn't even watch me as I pulled it out and set it on the floor of my car.

Latest posts

Back