Goose Island Brewery tour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KUbrew

Reaction score
Anyone know if Goose Island still does brewery tours? I just moved to Chicago and would like to go to a few breweries. I found a couple of old articles about tours but couldn't find anything recent.

I found Two Brothers Brewery, any others around that offer tours?

Thanks

Three Floyds just into Indiana does a decent tour for a "donation" on Saturdays. Good beer, too.

I just noticed that Half Acre is 3 miles from my place... cool...

That's Crazy! How random is that that we all live within a few miles of each other? I live in Albany park near Kimball and Foster. All of the North Shore folks should do a group tour of one of the breweries sometime.

That's Crazy! How random is that that we all live within a few miles of each other? I live in Albany park near Kimball and Foster. All of the North Shore folks should do a group tour of one of the breweries sometime.

I live in Lakeview near Wellington/Broadway. Friar Tuck's anyone?

Also, the tour sounds like a good idea, I have no friends that like to brew or even drink good beer...:(

KUbrew, while you're there, tell them to switch to pry-off bottles. I do love their oatmeal stout, but I hate buying bottles that I can't reuse for my brew. :(

Hopefully the tour will be pretty cool though, good luck with that. I've yet to taste a Goose Island beer that I didn't love. :mug:

Ya'll should come out to Dundee, sometime. Emmett's Tavern does a beer tasting and brewery tour every few months. It is a brew-pub so not a huge operation, but a lot bigger than any of us will be going :)

KUbrew, while you're there, tell them to switch to pry-off bottles. I do love their oatmeal stout, but I hate buying bottles that I can't reuse for my brew. :(

I know, what's with that? I bought two sixers the other day, I assumed they were pry offs because they're a micro brew only to be disappointed.

Yeah, craft beer in twist offs makes me skeptical. It shouldn't but it does.

(I've accidentally bottled a few in twist offs and they've been fine, actually, but I'm not going to press my luck)

I'm actually going to be going to the Goose Island tour on clyborne April 12th. Can't wait...the list of beer on tap there is impressive. Also check out Peice Brewery (North Ave and Milwaukee). I don't know if they do tours but I just took the lady there 2 weeks ago and they have some good brews. I also second coming out to West Dundee and trying Emmetts and M.T Barrells. Both are within a block of each other and both have great beer.

Back