GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hilda is a great show for kids, have to disagree with you on She-Ra. Most of the kids shows on Netflix right now are trash. Overly PC and clearly pushing agendas. Bring back the 1984 NBC Saturday morning lineup plz.

Agreed. I'm currently watching Annedroids with my daughter. The kids selection on Prime is much better.

What about the show is overly PC? I need to move my kids off some of the baby stuff they watch and thought about giving She-Ra a chance.

To note, not looking to start an argument about what is liberal vs conservative. Would just like to save myself an hour or so watching the first couple episodes before letting kids see it.

The Boys on Amazon steps right up to the ledge of being overly crass/cynical and doesn't quite go over. Enjoyable satirization of the superhero industry, though there are a few scenes that are legit hard to watch. Karl Urban is great. Excellent casting all around.

I think “homage” is the word your looking for on Another Life, not “parody.”

I got about 6 episodes in and started thinking, “this is why half the people died on your last command.”

As bad as it got toward the end, I stand by my statement that Another Life is better than Nightflyers.

On another note: I had Netflix send us Mothman Prophecies. My 13 y.o. daughter is getting into horror and I’ve been easing her into it slowly with some teen horror and suspense horror films. With Shudder acquiring the rights to stream the Nightmare on a Elm Street films, I’ve been trying to decide if she’s old enough to watch them. Jonny Depp killed in a waterbed is such a classic scene & she’ll never look at Jack Sparrow the same way after.

Anyway, I’m looking to introduce her to the ‘slasher’ genre of horror and I can’t decide what would be a good introduction. I’ve been thinking of the Nightmare series or the Scream series.

Last edited:
G.L.O.W. season 3 out. Very funny show. 80s overdose, Alison Brie's breasts. Can't ask for more

Mindhunter season 2 out today

Mindhunter was amazing again. This show is incredible. I can't wait to watch more, wish the next season would drop tomorrow.

I’m about 2/3rd of the way through watching The Wrath on Shudder. It’s a Korean vengeful spirit horror film.

It’s mostly jumpscares but it’s decent.

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie out today, Netflix and theaters
It was good but I was just a little disappointed.

Anyway... I suggest iZombie to anyone looking for a more lighthearted crime/drama/comedy series. You'll know after a couple episodes whether you like it. It reminds me of Scrubs or Psych, but better in my opinion, and a lot more action. Also good if you've ever contemplated how many different ways you can prepare brains as a meal.
It's finalized you so won't need to wait for more seasons.

over on Prime, Jack Ryan season 2

not on streaming, but an observation about USA Network's Mr Robot: Gloria Reuben can't act and it's painfully obvious when she's in a scene with Rami Malek

A few of my favorites that I always recommend...
Ozark: excellent acting, dramatic story, a bit stressful to watch the Byrd family go through their struggles but I love it

The Fall: dark, suspenseful, and a bit serial killery... I enjoyed it a lot though.

Atypical: just finished season 3. More light hearted than the others, but very good. Very relatable if you have a family.

Mind hunter: of course, as others have said.

Stranger Things: 80s Nostalgia. I watch these every time a new season comes out.

The Witcher: 3 episodes in and like the characters, like the story. will keep watching

Lost in Space, season 2: gods, I hated the 60s show, only saw it after syndication, but hated the camp, much like I hated the campy Batman series (aired on the same night, same time as LiS)

the 90s movie wasn't so bad

the Netflix series is so much better than either. very good I think. hope it is renewed for a 3rd season

I'll add "Don't F**k with Cats" it's a good, bingeable, 3 episode documentary.

I enjoyed the new season of "You" as well.

Just finished Turn on Netflix. Great show, four seasons so it will keep you busy for a while if you're into historical fact-based fiction.

Also Love Death and Robots was freaking awesome, if you're into dystopian fiction or liked The Animatrix you'll love it, S2 coming pretty soon I think.

just finished BBC's Dracula

not bad at all. most times I hate a "re-imagining". like someone THINKS they can make a classic better (looking at YOU, Tim Burton... stick with your original ideas, leave everyone else's alone). this one does a good job. there are some good twists, we saw a few coming, but mostly were surprised

Sister Agatha was a interesting character & Dolly Wells did a great job

never heard or seen Claes Bang before, he was an interesting Dracula. he looks like if Clive Owen & George Lazenby had a kid. In fact, Catherine Schell also has a role in this production, she co-starred in On Her Majesty's Secret Service with Lazenby

also Mark Gatiss (Mycroft Holmes from Sherlock) is very good as Renfield

2nd season of Altered Carbon was "meh"
Completely agree. It was disappointing.

I also liked season 1 of GLOW but didn't really care for later seasons

I thought The Witcher was pretty good.

Did not like Schitt's Creek.

I love Better Call Saul.

Recently watched or currently watching Netflix originals...

From Australia - Glitch - In a small town in Australia the dead begin coming back to life. Not in a classic zombie sense, just normal people trying to understand what's happening to them. Not bad.

Wanted - Also from Australia. Two women in the wrong place at the wrong time become involved in a crime they really didn't commit. They're chased by cops, dirty cops, and criminals. They slide in and out of impossible situations quite unrealistically but still entertaining.

From UK - Sex Education - I started watching this not expecting much. It's actually much better than expected. An inexperienced teen (son of a sex therapist played by Gillian Anderson - X-Files), gives out advice to classmates for cash. Actually hits on serious social issues. 94% on Rotten Tomatoes. Lots of good music. Recommended.

We're into Season 2 of YOU and about three or four episodes into WITCHER ... both good shows, but the Witcher has proven to be a bit of a mental challenge (re: timeline, for those who have seen it...you'll know what I mean).

I'm surprised with all the quarantining going on this thread isn't seeing more activity. Just finished The Outsider on Netflix last night. Really enjoyed it.

Starting season 3 of Ozark.

Was not a fan of Tiger King but only made it through one episode.

this season of Ozark is very good.

not to say Jason Bateman & Laura Linney aren't good, but Julia Garner & Janet McTeer are really outstanding.

I love Ozark and the new season was good. One of my most highly recommended shows.

I liked the new season of You. Not the best show in the world, but suspenseful and entertaining.

If you liked Sex Education and End of the ****ing World, the writers/producers (?) teamed up to make the show I am Not Okay With This. It was pretty good.

Currently watching Better Call Saul (and Money Heist between weekly episodes). Better Call Saul is a real slow burner. Great acting though. Money Heist kind of reminds me of Prison Break. Very mediocre acting, but decent enough story to keep tmyou entertained.

Tiger King is next for me.

Did anyone ever watch Don't **** With Cats (after my last post)? Definitely worth a watch.

I just started Brew Brothers today and while I can't say it's a GOOD comedy, it's about beer and there are a few laughs. I'd say if you like beer AT ALL you'll probably be interested.

I love Ozark and the new season was good. One of my most highly recommended shows.

Currently watching Better Call Saul (and Money Heist between weekly episodes). Better Call Saul is a real slow burner. Great acting though. Money Heist kind of reminds me of Prison Break. Very mediocre acting, but decent enough story to keep tmyou entertained.

Tiger King is next for me.

Did anyone ever watch Don't fudge With Cats (after my last post)? Definitely worth a watch.

Ozark has been a favorite of mine. Ripped through this entire season in 3 nights. The finale was cathartic.

I have been a Better Call Saul fan for years now (after Breaking Bad, how could I not be interested?) There is a BCS thread that I recently revived from the dead.

Tiger King.... 'nuff said. Cannot believe that all this crap occurred and I never knew these places even existed. Great watch though.

And yes, Don't EFF with Cats was superb. Wife left the room during the first episode because she (as did I) thought that it was all about killin cats and neither of us wanted to watch that. I persisted though because I knew that it had to be about more than that.
Needless to say, I called her back and we did watch the remainder of the episodes together.
Even more disturbing than the show itself though... I managed to locate the original videos on YouTube.... all I can say is WOW!

Godless. Old west story with tough broads.

hell on wheels. Another badass western series.

Longmire. Cool western/cowboy/cop series. Lou Diamond Phillips ftw!

DO NOT waste your time on Badlands. So cheesy badly executed western. Couldn’t get past 20 minutes.

Unorthodox. Good story.

Ozark has been a favorite of mine. Ripped through this entire season in 3 nights. The finale was cathartic.

I have been a Better Call Saul fan for years now (after Breaking Bad, how could I not be interested?) There is a BCS thread that I recently revived from the dead.

Tiger King.... 'nuff said. Cannot believe that all this crap occurred and I never knew these places even existed. Great watch though.

And yes, Don't EFF with Cats was superb. Wife left the room during the first episode because she (as did I) thought that it was all about killin cats and neither of us wanted to watch that. I persisted though because I knew that it had to be about more than that.
Needless to say, I called her back and we did watch the remainder of the episodes together.
Even more disturbing than the show itself though... I managed to locate the original videos on YouTube.... all I can say is WOW!
I don't have it in me to watch those videos you're referring to. That is some sick stuff...

I just finished Tiger King recently. It wasn't as good as I expected, considering the hype. I saw a comment on YouTube that said something along the lines of, "the saddest part of the show is that there were no winners. Everyone lost". I agree. Also, Carole def did it.

Im about to watch the most recent BCS episode now. It's has been a slow burner but it is getting good.

Godless. Old west story with tough broads.

hell on wheels. Another badass western series.

Longmire. Cool western/cowboy/cop series. Lou Diamond Phillips ftw!

DO NOT waste your time on Badlands. So cheesy badly executed western. Couldn’t get past 20 minutes.

Unorthodox. Good story.
I liked Godless. Unfortunately they don't have hell on wheels on Netflix where I live (SE Asia). I started it before I moved here but never finished it. Same with Longmire.

Unorthodox caught my attention. You think it's worth a watch?

I don't have it in me to watch those videos you're referring to. That is some sick stuff...

Im about to watch the most recent BCS episode now. It's has been a slow burner but it is getting good.

Oh trust me when I say that searching out those videos was something I wish I had not done. Some people have a sick glitch in their wiring and quite honestly when caught, they too should just be disposed of.

BCS is on hold for me for a bit until I catch up and things slow down at work.

Its pretty good. Kind of a sneak peek into the world of Hasidim although obviously not flattering. But interesting to see how the character has to sort of renew themselves to cope with living in the outside world.

only one season so far, so not a huge commitment. I wasn’t super keen on it but ended up watching the whole thing.

Now about halfway through Turn on hbo.

Back