Quantcast

GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

stickyfinger

Reaction score
OMG! schitt's creek is so hilarious. it's a high recommend. it might take a few to get into it (as with many) as they seem annoying at first but quickly become part of you as a family. Moira is just over the top hilarious!

It was mentioned a while back, but Schitt's Creek is phenomenal. We hadn't heard of it until recently and then binged our way through it, even installing the PopTV app so we could get the final season before it makes it to Netflix. It was just fun.

stickyfinger

Reaction score
Did someone recommend Dark yet? That scifi series (German) on Netflix is the best scifi series I have ever seen. It takes a good 3 or maybe 4 episodes to get hooked though. just stick with it. it will bend your mind and make you think a lot.

Peaky Blinders is an amazing series too. It takes a couple to get into it to, but I was so hooked on it after that. It's kind of dark and mob-like so if you don't like that then don't try it.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
"You" is pretty good. I liked the 2nd season a little better & can't wait for the 3rd

doesn't help I got a little crush on Victoria Pedretti (Nell from "Haunting of Hill House", another series you should check out)

hezagenius

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If you are looking for something unique, check out Beforeigners on HBO streaming. It takes place in Oslo and the set up is that people start appearing from different time periods (the 1800s, the Viking Age, and the Stone Age) called time-igrants. The 2 main characters are a current day cop and the first Viking detective. There are a lot of funny moments surrounding the cultural differences between the two, but the primary story is them investigating a murder.

It's a quick 6 episodes for the first season and they set up some great storylines for future seasons.

The show is reminiscent of Alien Nation from the 80s if anyone remembers that.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
"In the Dark" turned out to be pretty good. a blind woman tries to solve her friend's murder. 2 seasons, with a renewal for a 3rd

"Sweet Magnolias" ended up not being such a chick show & was pretty good. kinda like a southern Gilmore Girls. same kind of dialog (tho not as rapid-fire) & quirky small-town characters. set in fictional Serenity, SC, but I call it Stars Holler. 1 season, up for a 2nd.

we're also watching "The Impostors". dude's new bride takes off with all his money, turns out she does that for a living. 2 seasons

Tyler B

Reaction score
Did someone recommend Dark yet? That scifi series (German) on Netflix is the best scifi series I have ever seen. It takes a good 3 or maybe 4 episodes to get hooked though. just stick with it. it will bend your mind and make you think a lot.

Peaky Blinders is an amazing series too. It takes a couple to get into it to, but I was so hooked on it after that. It's kind of dark and mob-like so if you don't like that then don't try it.
There is a Netflix website specifically for Dark which shows you the family tree for all of the characters which makes it A LOT easier to follow. I am on season 3 and really enjoying it but it is kind of a difficult TV series to follow. At least for me anyway.

Tyler B

Reaction score
I highly recommend both Good Girls and Dead to Me. Both excellent shows with female leads. Terrific acting and entertaining stories. A lot of dark humor and drama. A little bit of suspense. Very addicting and bingeable.

NGD

Reaction score
Anyone else here going through any old series from the 80’s or 90’s on Netflix lately. I’ve tried a few other shows lately but they are mostly crap. Finished Umbrella Academy which was decent but still felt like a chore to watch. End up watching reruns of Star Trek TNG.

fak...this must mean I’m officially old.

rhys333

Reaction score
#Alive.

It's a Korean zombie flick. Top rated movie on Netflix, I think. Those guys are putting out some seriously good movies... and putting Hollywood to shame.

TwistedGray

El Jefe Brewing Company
Reaction score
Started THE EXPANSE a few days ago, and it's quite confusing, but I haven't lost interest (yet) (it's on Amazon - not Netflix). I do hope that things start to become less muddled and make sense at some point, but it's otherwise an interesting concept for a series.

bleme

Reaction score
Started THE EXPANSE a few days ago, and it's quite confusing, but I haven't lost interest (yet) (it's on Amazon - not Netflix). I do hope that things start to become less muddled and make sense at some point, but it's otherwise an interesting concept for a series.
I know I watched the first season of Expanse, but I couldn't tell you a single thing about it, LOL!

bleme

Reaction score
I'm probably 5-8 episodes in, and...yeah...I don't really know why I am still watching it.
I saw there was a new season so it's on my list. I'll probably have to watch the first season over again though. Is that the one where one of the main characters left the easy life of their socialite/ambassador mother?

NGD

Reaction score
Watched “The Social Dilemma”. Holy sh*t! I will be posting my distain for social media to my facebook, instagram, Twitter, tiktok, Pintrest, tumblr, reddit, accounts ASAP! #blessed
Seriously, it was pretty eye opening to see just how much work goes in to getting you addicted. Drug dealers are probably taking notes