Good Heff Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look up the "simple hefeweizen" recipe in the recipe section here. I brewed it pretty much as stated, and it turned out delicious! Ferment around 68°F with wyeast 3068. Pretty close to a true Hefe in flavor...and MUCH cheaper than buying German Hefe here ($3-4/pint at the beer store). I think I bottled after 2-3 weeks, and was drinking after 2 weeks in bottle.

the best hef's are the simple ones IMO, let the yeas shine through.

1 oz Hallertau or Tettnanger
6 lbs wheat DME
Wyeast 3068 (WLP300)

ferment at about 68 degrees and voila

the best hef's are the simple ones IMO, let the yeas shine through.

1 oz Hallertau or Tettnanger
6 lbs wheat DME
Wyeast 3068 (WLP300)

ferment at about 68 degrees and voila

for a Hefe simplicity is the truth! Great style, almost everyone enjoys it, easy to make is light on the wallet...Safe Brew W06 is also a great choice for yeast and cheaper than liquid yeast.

for a Hefe simplicity is the truth! Great style, almost everyone enjoys it, easy to make is light on the wallet...Safe Brew W06 is also a great choice for yeast and cheaper than liquid yeast.

and if you wash it then you save even more. I'm still on the same vial of wlp 300 that I bought last year

Back