Good ferments that ferment around 80F

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

as1084

Reaction score
Hey. sorry I meant good BEERS that ferment at 80F. sorry lol. It is summer in Vegas now and I am looking for a couple beers that ferment well at 80F without producing off-flavors, esthers and fusel alcohols. I looked through the recipes on this site and couldn't really find any that can ferment at that temp, besides a saison. I already have a saison aging right now and I don't want to brew another one. I have a fridge but my keg system is in there and I don't really want to spend money on a new fridge right now. if anybody has a good AG recipe, please post. thanks.

Saison. You have to have the beer start at a normal fermentation temp, but after the krausen falls, you can (and are suppose to) ramp it up to 80-85 and let it mature. The high temps help the yeast chew through the last couple gravity points as this is suppose to be a real dry crisp beer.

I can't think of any. But a solution to your problem I do have.......
Place your fermenter in a trash can, bucket, or tray, anything that can hold a couple of inches of water. Drape an old t-shirt over your fermenter so the bottom hangs in the water. The evaporation of water off of the t-shirt will cool the fermenter more than you would imagine. The cooling can be increased a little more by pointing a fan at it too if necessary.

I can't think of any. But a solution to your problem I do have.......
Place your fermenter in a trash can, bucket, or tray, anything that can hold a couple of inches of water. Drape an old t-shirt over your fermenter so the bottom hangs in the water. The evaporation of water off of the t-shirt will cool the fermenter more than you would imagine. The cooling can be increased a little more by pointing a fan at it too if necessary.

We use this method as well. I havn't been concerned enough to check how much it cools, but I like the fact that it keeps the beer temperatur from fluxuating greatly

Back