Good deal on kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosquitocontrol

Reaction score
So I'm traveling to CT for memorial day weekend and passing by two spots ith kegs on craigslist. Ones for 22 which need new o-rings and ones for 20 which don't. I shouldn't pick them up because I don't plan on building my kegerator for a few months. but how can I pass them up???? I likely won't find cheaper over the next few months.

It will also be a VERY cramped 8 hour ride home if I pick up 8 and throw in the backseat of the convertible. Assuming we have enough room in the trunk to fit all our stuff and 2 cases of homebrew....

Would be funny to see the cops face looking in the backseat if I got pulled over.....

Maybe I should go for it.

Rent a U-Haul and fill up the back with kegs....just a thought....or don't go for the full 8, just get part of your order....that way you take advantage of the good deal on kegs and don't completely piss of the traveling companions.....or if there are no travel companions, man up and load that convertible down with kegs and skimp on the luggage, you really only need a toothbrush and a change of underwear, that will fit in the glovebox.

i bought from the guy in danbury who posts that he has "thousands" for $22. Real nice kid,, they have a bunch. pretty good shape, no stickers, not too dirty. I replaced the o-rings, but the ones that came on them would have been fine if just soaked in some oxyclean or something. I took ones that were holding pressure, and he added pressure to some others that looked nice, so i could see if they were holding pressure, too. Unless he's changed, they are only selling plastic topped ones, as they still use the few metal lid ones they have, though i've been using them and they are fine for all intents and purposes.

i had the chance to pick up several for cheap before my keezer was finished and i only got 2, i really regret not getting more now. in my opinion, you can't have too many kegs.

I would be happy with 2 kegs more than my keezer can hold. That way I can have a couple conditioning in the cellar before i chill them.

Mmm looks like I'll have to drive a little out of my way to load up. Might have to drive with the top up to fit more though.

It will also be a VERY cramped 8 hour ride home if I pick up 8 and throw in the backseat of the convertible. Assuming we have enough room in the trunk to fit all our stuff and 2 cases of homebrew....

Here's a possibility... pack your clothes in garbage bags and stuff them in the kegs. That'll conserve a little space.

:cross:

Back