Gonna need more bottles....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timdsmith72

Reaction score
All this and almost no bottles available. I still have a few weeks to gather enough, though. :mug:

Top: Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Bottom Left: Edwort's Apfelwein
Bottom Right: Cranberry Wheat. (Before racking into secondary and onto the cranberries.)

They are normally wrapped in black plastic to protect from the light, I just unwrapped to take the picture.

beer_3_batches.jpg

Simple solution, buy a couple of Cornelius kegs. Then you can bottle the other batch.

My 3 fermenters are also full for the first time. Rather than having a bottle problem (I have enough in my garage attic for 7 batches), I need more fermentors!

I had way more than I have now. Until we sold our house and moved into our current house. With limited time and moving space, (POD) I had to get rid of some bottles. I'm building my collection back up.

Hic! Me either.... :drunk:

Is it even possable to know where all the bottles come from?

I used all the 12ozers I had to bottle a holliday brew last week. I checked today and somehow I have another 3 cases of empty bottles plus my backup 22ozers... guess I'll have to brew more lol

It's like David Crosby said about Woodstock...if you remember it clearly,you weren't there! :D Talked to him at a guitar show in Cleveland once.

Does Texas have a bottle deposit? I purchased several bottles from liquor stores at our .10 deposit cost.

I don't think Texas has a bottle deposit. If the do, I don't know about it. (how sad is that?) Anyhow. So there I was. In my one on one with my manager at work. She says, "Is there anything you need?"
I said, "Well, honestly, I could use about 100 empty beer bottles. Not the twist off type."
She says, "I got ya covered. I'll bring them in."
So she's been bringing me sack fulls of beer bottles. :tank:

I put out a call to my craft beer drinking friends and ended up up with 20 cases of empties in no time. It just sucks delabeling even with oxyclean.

I'm too lazy to take the labels off. I did my first 50 or so bottles years ago, but it just wasn't worth it. I now just buy different colored caps. :rolleyes:

I don't think Texas has a bottle deposit. If the do, I don't know about it. (how sad is that?) Anyhow. So there I was. In my one on one with my manager at work. She says, "Is there anything you need?"
I said, "Well, honestly, I could use about 100 empty beer bottles. Not the twist off type."
She says, "I got ya covered. I'll bring them in."
So she's been bringing me sack fulls of beer bottles. :tank:

In lieu of your raise? :D

I put out a call to my craft beer drinking friends and ended up up with 20 cases of empties in no time. It just sucks delabeling even with oxyclean.

I delabel with orange based carpet adheasive remover in a tub... soak them at least overnight (i usually forget and they sit there longer, do you ever get to drinking and forget.... it happened to me) then the labels just peal right off and the adheasive left wipes clean easily with a rag. Then I run them through the rinse cycle on the dishwasher to wash off the cleaner, sanatize and they look like new!

Edit:

This stuff http://citrusdepot.net/info_mastic.html its pricey but you mix it up and it makes a LOT and it will wash tons of bottles before it looses stregnth. I got a gallon and I still have most of it, washed 200ish bottles

I delabel with orange based carpet adheasive remover in a tub... soak them at least overnight (i usually forget and they sit there longer, do you ever get to drinking and forget.... it happened to me) then the labels just peal right off and the adheasive left wipes clean easily with a rag. Then I run them through the rinse cycle on the dishwasher to wash off the cleaner, sanatize and they look like new!

Edit:

This stuff http://citrusdepot.net/info_mastic.html its pricey but you mix it up and it makes a LOT and it will wash tons of bottles before it looses stregnth. I got a gallon and I still have most of it, washed 200ish bottles

Oxyclean does the same thing, is cheaper, and is probably a hell of a lot safer to use.

Since OR has deposits I found a bar that exclusively deals in 22's and 12's. Made a deal with the owner to buy back all of his bottles for $.10. I also live in a small town where the stores have to take their bottles to the recyclers so I buy them back there as well and collect from the bar I work at. Now I have around 60 gallons worth of bottling in reserve.

I'm in the same boat. I have six (SIX!) small batches (about a case each) ready for bottling soon and only 4 cases of empty bottles. I also have a repurposed Miller Lite Home Draft thing (had a football party, had to have BMC on hand for my buddies), and a bunch of bombers, but I think I'll have to break down and buy at least one case of bottles from the LHBS.

Latest posts

Back