Golden Ale Recipe Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MurderMittenBrewing

Reaction score
I've decided to brew a Golden ale with some random hops that I have in the freezer. Any advice on how this might turn out or any changes that could make it better? Thanks!

6# Pilsner DME
4oz Crystal 20L

1oz Saaz (60 min)
1/2oz German Hallertau (60 min)
3/4oz Mt. Hood (15 min)
1oz Saaz (flameout)

Safale-05 Yeast

This looks good, although it'll be VERY light. The Saaz and Hallertau combination will make up for that, a little, though, with a spicy/fruity flavor/aroma.

At 3.25oz, the hop profile will be VERY noticeable.

Feel free to send a bottle my way, and I'll give you a more in depth review. ;-)

. . . Any advice on how this might turn out or any changes that could make it better? Thanks!

Depends on your tastes mostly, English and Belgian goldens are stronger and hoppier than american versions, american version is usually synonymous with american blonde style ale or american pale lager. More malt focused.
Keep on brewing:mug:

Thanks for the advice guys! The recipe I posted is a modification of the pilsner recipe from my LHBS.

Any suggestions on how to increase the malt profile without deviating from the style of a golden ale/pilsner? Thanks!

Back