God I hate being a noob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catch-22

Reaction score
I won't bore you with the details with what I did before..... but when I ran out of bottles I just said....$&@! it and drank the remaining 40 or so oz from my bottling bucket. I don't even miss the carbonation. Oh by the way, is this pretty normal for a belgian wit style. (sorry no ingredients list) starting gravity 1.046 final was 1.008.

I did this, my bottling bucket was to small and I had beer overflowing before I could shut off the siphon. I polished off at least 24 oz. And I just drank from the bucket.

I just bottled up 10 gallons of American Barleywine. 20 or so ounces ended up in my mug somehow?? It was the bottom of the barrel so to say. I'm about half way through it right now. There's about a quarter inch of hops laying on the bottom. Not sure if the hops will stay in the mug or down the hatch?

A cousin of mine had a 5 gallon glass mug (with wooden slats and handle on the outside that had a plaque on it that read. "The Doctor said I could only have 1 beer a drink a day".

That would make a great bottling/drinking bucket!

Back