go to recipe for leftover hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbyice1

Reaction score
I always have tons of hops in the freezer that I am scheming on ways to get rid of. My go to recipe is a huge Imperial Red Ale for all C hops.
what do you guys do? barleywines? double IPA's?

I have never felt the need to "get rid of" leftover hops. If I don't have much of one I will use it and substitute a similar one for the rest in a recipe I am making. I create a recipe and use the hops that fit the recipe, not make a recipe to fit the hops. I have 20 different hops on hand right now.

:eek: I need to order more hops!!!!!

I have never felt the need to "get rid of" leftover hops. If I don't have much of one I will use it and substitute a similar one for the rest in a recipe I am making. I create a recipe and use the hops that fit the recipe, not make a recipe to fit the hops. I have 20 different hops on hand right now.

:eek: I need to order more hops!!!!!

Same here. I have over thirty different varieties right now, with amounts ranging from 2 lbs to 2 ounces.

I usually base my recipes off what I have on hand, although sometimes that changes. Usually if I have a bunch of hops of one variety Ill start doing single hopped IPAs. I have done a simcoe and a nugget one lately. Sooner or later Im going to probably try bravo, horizon, and belma ones.

Latest posts

Back