go f yourself, califronia!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you should know that WI produces more milk per square mile than CA...over 50% more. and they produce more cheese than CA, even before normalizing to sq. mi.

Great save...Ok, you win. WI is better than CA-whats was I even thinking? Like Arturo said, Fook cheese, we have better beer:mug:

I say F california and all its libtards and stupid laws that will eventually become the law of the land.
fall in to the ocean all ready will ya.
and Wisconsin cheese rules!!!!!!!!!!!
you can keep your shaking ground,mud slides,forest fires....we have 4 real seasons and Harley Davidson
and I can go from one end of the county to the other in less than 30 min

Wait a second. You say you are a native Cheesehead, yet you don't know what a FIB is???

Oh. I think I understand now. Yup, native Cheesehead born and raised in Milwaukee. But I didn't call those from Illinois such nasty things like "f***ing Illinois b*st*rds."

And YES, I know this is all in fun. I did see a YouTube video of Texans attempting to pronounce Wisconsin towns like Oconomowoc and Mukwonago. Of course, those Texicans have got towns named Nacogdoches and Waxahachie!

And my dear wife just said: "When these FIB's move back to Wisconsin, she's coming after you!":)

glenn514:mug:

lol at this thread

Especially when one considers that the only true American cheese is that doggy poop in the plastic wrappers. ;) It's about time America invented a proper cheese of it's own. No reason that shouldn't happen. (I don't mean just putting pepper in it, or smoking it)

very stupid, and kind of racist...

Apparently my sarcasm is so subtle that discriminating readers such as yourself cannot recognize it. You just don't realize when I am mocking you.

Especially when one considers that the only true American cheese is that doggy poop in the plastic wrappers

Hey, just because there's only one cheese named "American" doesn't mean that's the only American cheese. Monterey Jack, for example, is also an American cheese. In fact it comes from California.

I was born and raised is SoCal (Orange County) to be exact. I come from a middle class single mother household. I was out of the house at 18, running a Chipotle mexican grill at 23 working 65 hours a week driving 2 + hours a day to and fro work. 26 miles each way.

I moved to Az in 2006.

Ca has very very very very very dirty air. just driving back into Ca on the interstate 10 approaching Palms springs you can see the cloud of black air.

Ca has a chit load of traffic EVERY WHERE no if ands or buts about it.

Ca has poor gun laws

in SoCal you can't see any stars at night unless you get out in the mountains or Desert.

I was renting as apt on the 3rd floor for $1700 a month

I own my own home in Az had it built and my mortgage is $800

would I ever move back to SoCal not as long as my kids are at home with me.
do I miss it, I miss friends and family I don't miss the crappy traffic, crappy air, and stuck up people.

[/endrant]

-=Jason=-

I agree with you that socal is like that but that is not the only part of cali. That being said, I don't want to live where I am either but it is nothing like you are explaining, we do have crappy air though.

I grew up in Wa and plan to move back

Especially when one considers that the only true American cheese is that doggy poop in the plastic wrappers. ;) It's about time America invented a proper cheese of it's own. No reason that shouldn't happen. (I don't mean just putting pepper in it, or smoking it)

Hey now, don't get me started on British cuisine. lol

As a long time Cali. resident now transplanted, I can honestly say, California is the best, if you like, off limit public lands, no camping, no gun having, no ammo buying, no gold mining, dope growing, no salmon fishing, everything not human is endangered, no off road driving, no firewood cutting, tree hugging, no logging allowed so we have more fires, dudes marrying dudes, your vote don't matter cause we'll just sue to change it anyway, 9th circuit court circus, the world is warming, the ice is melting so we'll tax your fuel and force you to buy electric cars, only eat veggies and save the animals, so those cows can be happy making cheese, Oh and then we have Pelosi (speaking of smelly cheese) :mad:

Here is my thoughts on the cheese issue here, I was born and raised a FIB, my family has a summer home in WI. I moved from IL to AZ where I have spent the past 13 years, I am in CA a lot for work, and my wife has a lot of family there as well so we visit a lot.

I have never run across a shop selling CA cheese curds, nor have I found craft cheeses there, just the mass produced stuff. while in Wisconsin I can get fantastic string cheese, cheeses flavored with everything, like cranberries, bacon, wine, beer, jalapeños, etc. I can get smoked cheeses, hard cheeses, soft cheeses and it can be found almost everywhere.

In CA I have gotten some pretty decent cheddar cheese, and some OK mozzarella, but the thing that sticks out for me is the pre-packaged string cheese, that crap tastes like plastic, and doesn't peel into strings for nothing.

California is trying to market itself with its cheese, Wisconsin IS cheese, its what they have always done.

Cali should stick to growing produce and leave the cheese to the cheeseheads in WI

FIBs are too good for us, Bernie. They're in a whole 'nother class.

We eat cheese, drink beer, eat brats, make pickled things, and watch baseball. We're attractive in our own way, I guess! :D

Speaking of pickled things (although no one else was except me!) when I brewed yesterday, I had some wonderful pickled pike and hot pickled green beans.

I'm having the same for breakfast. There is nothing better than raw pickled fish for breakfast.

Hey - I was watching! I saw the bobbies! ;) :D

And - azscoob - you're right on. My last drive through Wisconsin, I was out in the middle of nowhere and came across a meat/cheese market. Bought me some chilied cheese curds, and THE best cranberry-swiss beef sticks I've ever had. Wish I had a freezer full of those!

Bernie...

Just shared your response with my wife. Her reply: "No, but I'm a great cook." So there.:rockin:

glenn514:mug:

Back