Go Buy Some Nectaron

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to grab a pound of this to try and plan on a relatively simple recipe but not a SMaSH. But, I'm wondering what other hops pair well with it.
In my search for liked recipes online, many used one or more of the following: Citra, Mosaic, Nugget, Idaho 7, Strata and Centennial.
Thankfully, I have all those hops already but, in keeping it simple, probably will only use 1 of those. However, I'd like to hear from anyone who's brewed with Nectaron on what they used and what they got from using that hop(s) with Nectaron.
EDIT: I'm looking to brew either a Pale Ale or smaller WCIPA.

I was able to grab a pound of this to try and plan on a relatively simple recipe but not a SMaSH. But, I'm wondering what other hops pair well with it.
In my search for liked recipes online, many used one or more of the following: Citra, Mosaic, Nugget, Idaho 7, Strata and Centennial.
Thankfully, I have all those hops already but, in keeping it simple, probably will only use 1 of those. However, I'd like to hear from anyone who's brewed with Nectaron on what they used and what they got from using that hop(s) with Nectaron.
I’ve done Nectaron with Citra and with NZH-107. Both were tropical fruit bombs, the first in particular. I get tons of stone fruit, apricots especially, from Nectaron. Adding Citra brings out the mango in both. (I used about half as much Citra as Nectaron.)

Just bought some! And Mosaic and Nelson. Not sure my times and ratios yet but will figure it out. Open to suggestions. Will be a bit before I brew it - just did an American IPA this morning and have a Porter up next.

I’ve done Nectaron with Citra and with NZH-107. Both were tropical fruit bombs, the first in particular. I get tons of stone fruit, apricots especially, from Nectaron. Adding Citra brings out the mango in both. (I used about half as much Citra as Nectaron.)
I have some Citra LupoMax I thought would work well and I do want to keep it simple but I also have some Eclipse from Australia I've not tried yet. Might be futile using that with Nectaron if I really want to know what it brings to the beer.

Why not do it as a single hop and learn what that hop will do by itself before adding others and diluting the experience? Just my .02

Certainly that makes more sense and opinions vary but I have read elsewhere, a number of people who thought it's use as a single hop was lacking. These weren't SMaSH beers but using only Nectaron. However, I do have a pretty simple recipe I use whenever I want to try a single hop and I may do that first and since I have a pound of it, I can mess around with pairing later.
It'll be a last minute decision.

Finally got time to brew with Nectaron. Kept it a bit simple. A tad Warrior for bittering than all Nectaron the rest of the way except at the 5 minute mark I put in a little Citra then whirlpool with Nectaron and I'll dry hop with a 2 ounces as well.
Was expecting awesome waifes of aroma during boil and while nice, it wasn't very different but that means nada.

I kegged today and have to say, the aroma was pretty damn enjoyable. Hard to tell the outcome at this point but my FG was lower than I wanted so it's a tad dry. Not a big deal.
Looking forward to this one!

Back