Glycol - IceMaster 100

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jas0420

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, my DIY glycol setup konked out on me and derailed plans to brew this weekend. I went they typical "window AC unit with the cooling coils inside a 48 qt cooler" route and have a March pump down below it that is gravity primed. This pumps out to a manifold with electric valves that are controlled by BruControl to keep my fermenters at temp. Worked great until it didn't.

I've been looking at the IceMaster 100 as a replacement and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a reason why I wouldn't be able to use its drain port to feed my existing pump & manifold rather than buying a pump per fermenter? I've not been able to find specs or good pictures of what the drain port actually is as far as fittings go.

Thanks!!

I recall the drain port on mine having an extremely poor flow rate, almost as if it was clogged by something. The hole in the bottom of the tank that feeds the drain is fairly small (<3/8"). I doubt it is capable of feeding your pump at a rate greater than or equal too its capacity.

Thank you, flow was definitely in mind. I don’t need to push a LOT, but the current pump may starve. My old DIY system miraculously came back to life yesterday so I’m kicking the can down the road for now I think!

I appreciate the insight though, I may have to revisit this soon!

Back