Gly-Coil for Kegmenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was Thinking of using some duo tight bulkheads but there’s no way I can do that with the slant on the lid. Cutting the straights down and bridging with some vinyl tubing, as suggested might be a good solution
I’d like to avoid the center all together and drill through the lid for some fittings

Last edited:
You could dent the lid so that it makes a flat surface. I had to do that to mount coils into a racetrack corny lid, which was domed.

Curious, how does that dry hop rig work?

I have a 4" to 1.5" TC reducer that attaches to the kegmenter - this just downsizes all the TC down to a more cost effective size.

On the 1.5" TC is a butterfly valve - which basically controls the entire process.

When I'm fermenting, the butterfly valve is open, and I attach my custom made gas manifold with a gas post and prv. I attach my spunding valve to this gas post.

When it's time to dry hop, I close the butterfly valve (this traps pressure inside and prevents any oxygen ingress), purge the tiny amount of pressure in the gas manifold through the prv, then remove just the gas manifold. I then add the dry hopper on top of the butterfly valve, fill with hops, then put the gas manifold on top of the dry hopper. I then pressurize the dry hopper and purge the oxygen (I do this about 10 times) - I'm not sure you can remove 100% of the oxygen from the dry hopping chamber, but this will be damn close). The next step is to open the butterfly valve and watch the hops drop into the fermenter - the bigger the TC fittings the easier this part is - I have 1.5" TC fittings so I have to move the butterfly valve lever back and forth a few times to get all the hops to drop in, and sometimes add a bit of gas to push them through. At this point you could leave the dry hopper on, but I typically close the butterfly valve and go back to just the gas manifold, then re-open the butterfly valve.

For my specific setup, my dry hopper can hold about 3 oz of pellet hops, so if I have a huge charge, say 10oz, I would need to repeat this process 4 times. A bit of a pain, but I've never had any oxidation using this method.

E6D0E4DC-B85D-4DDC-BD11-4904DE8889B4.jpeg
What about cutting the straight sections down to fit and run soft lines out of the Anvil?
And here it is , along with my other DIY projects this weekend.
74BE2DE7-03EB-4362-A9E5-2C7632BCD933.jpeg

Last edited:
Back