Girly Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a cool-looking lady at a Milwaukee beer festival wearing a shirt that said "Real Women Don't Drink Light Beer."

Yooper said:
Sorry if I came across as demeaning or condescending!

You didn't, you really didn't. It was just funny was all. Since women are definitely in the minority here, if you respond firmly to a little borderline chauvinism its totally appropriate. Anyway, Revvy already has the demeaning/condescending title claimed for all time, and id like to see you try and take it from him :mug:

I'm not offended at all by Michelob, but by the way you "presented" it as something only fit for females.

Especially since the poster child for Mich Ultra is Lance Armstrong.

This is my favorite line

"Molson Coors’ Animee will be a 'less gassy and lighter tasting' alternative to conventional beers."

How much lighter can you get than the existing lite and ultra lite beers?

Who the **** taught you about beer? Guinness may be a less than 5% alcohol beer, but it is definitely a stout. Look up "dry stout", please. Your ignorance is insulting.

This thread may be the nail in the coffin for me on this board. The ignorance, the sexism, the bull**** that people spew here is beyond me. Stupid.

It is a dry irish stout, by category. "Stout" is a subset of porter. All dark beers of that type are porters... stout, extra stout, are all modifiers of the term porter. I merely expressed my opinion that it barely makes the grade extra stout (porter), therefore should not really be considered an example of a "stout".

but by all means, leave the board and never return if it gives you pain to hear other people's opinions. Perhaps you should consider making a blog, rather than participate in a discussion.

Malintent said:
It is a dry irish stout, by category. "Stout" is a subset of porter. All dark beers of that type are porters... stout, extra stout, are all modifiers of the term porter. I merely expressed my opinion that it barely makes the grade extra stout (porter), therefore should not really be considered an example of a "stout".

but by all means, leave the board and never return if it gives you pain to hear other people's opinions. Perhaps you should consider making a blog, rather than participate in a discussion.

Depends on where you get your facts. This shows the term stout was used long before the term porter.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stout

FWIW, my wife's favorite beer is Aventinus, followed closely by DFH 90 & Brooklyn black chocolate stout (whether it's a porter or not...).

Well it looks like there will be some competition
http://chickbeer.com/

Just learned this existed. I was REALLY hoping it was something along the lines of a Wee Heavy or RIS or Barleywine or something, and playing off the fact that their husbands would be drinking the "manly" fizzy yellow flavorless stuff. But nope. Low cal, low carb, low flavor light beer. I don't even want to know what it tastes like.

My wife's favorite beer in no beer, she hates beer. I love beer. That's ok though, because I dry hop the hell out of her Pinot Noir and blow her out of the water hahahaha, just sucks when she dumps that dry hopped pinot into my keg of Belgian Golden Strong.

I only read the first couple pages about the offended women...

You girls here need to realize something: You're all awesome. The opinions of the masses rarely align with those of the awesome.

This is a striking parallel to the powerlifting forums where the women are offended by the notion that chicks should do step-ups and run on treadmills because they are more than capable of deadlifting double their bodyweight. Well... they are clearly awesome and their opinion doens't align with the masses. Most women prefer pink dumbell step-ups and treadmills over grinding up a brutally difficult max effort deep squat.

So don't be offended - just be glad that you're awesome.

In Germany,anyway,it was part of the hausfrau's daily duties to brew more beer. Then the men saw dollar sings,& it began changing.

What makes Michelob an authority on what women like? Why would a woman not like the same beer as I? It's beer, if you like it fine, if you don't fine!
Our church has an annual homebrew contest for Oktoberfest. Our HEAD JUDGE is a WOMAN!! Oh HORRORS!!!!
She's a darn good judge too!!

Women brewed beer cause it was a stay at home duty. The men went off to hunt food. Making beer was once a part of breadmaking.

This has nothing to do with enjoying the drinking of beer. Most girls I know who drink beer like a lot of different styles of beer. A lot of them choose to drink lighter beer due to watching calories.

Latest posts

Back