Ginger Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pstrohs

Reaction score
I have been drinking this Ginger Cider that has been on tap for the last month. With 4 other beers on tap, I can't keep my hands of this cider. I suggest that everyone try it.

How much ginger do you recommend? Does it ferment with the juice or go in afterward? I am a bit ginger curious....

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I'm making up some ginger cider as a test at the moment. I used a whole piece of ginger chopped rather than shredded, just to give a tinge of ginger. I added it to primary, then removed it when moving to secondary.

How much ginger do you recommend? Does it ferment with the juice or go in afterward? I am a bit ginger curious....

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I used 1.5 oz of dehydrated ginger that was left over from a previous batch and added it at beginning of primary.

Have used fresh ginger in beers in the past and a couple of recent meads....sometimes in primary, sometimes in secondary, depends how much ginger bite ya want. Ginger cider sounds good, shall have to give it a go one of these days/weeks/months :)

Okay thanks, how much ginger did you use? My recipe was a little different, I used 4 gallons of cider with 1 of water, brown sugar 1lb box, 8 Oz of maple syrup, and a ale yeast. It's did 2 weeks in the primary, and now 1 in the secondary...

Did you do you a secondary?

Back