Ginger Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiciara

Reaction score
Hi I made a Coopers Ginger Beer 4 wks ago Bottled it after 2 weeks. It's still cloudy, should it be? Will it clear in time.

Also made a coopers Pilsner 5 wks ago also bottled if after 2 weeks. It's not carbonated completely flat. Should it be at this stage? Will it carbonate after time?

Many thanks

Ginger Beer: could be a couple of things... How does it taste? Is it cloudy when cold or when warm? You might lose a bit of the cloudiness over time but if it tastes fine you shouldn't worry.

Pilsner: what temperature did you allow the beer to carbonate at? Did you add priming sugar before bottling as well ;) ?

Ginger Beer: could be a couple of things... How does it taste? Is it cloudy when cold or when warm? You might lose a bit of the cloudiness over time but if it tastes fine you shouldn't worry.

Pilsner: what temperature did you allow the beer to carbonate at? Did you add priming sugar before bottling as well ;) ?

Hi I've not tried the ginger beer yet. might leave it a few wks.

Pilsner was left in the hot press to carbonate at around 26 - 28 degrees C. Used the coopers priming drops to promote carbination.

Thanks for your reply.

That's odd then. How was the fermentation for the Pilsner? It is possible (but seems incredibly unlikely) your yeast died on you. Are the bottles sealed properly? When you pop them open do you at least get a "pshht!" noise?

jvp1 said:
That's odd then. How was the fermentation for the Pilsner? It is possible (but seems incredibly unlikely) your yeast died on you. Are the bottles sealed properly? When you pop them open do you at least get a "pshht!" noise?

No "pshht" at all on most of the bottles but did on 4 or 5 bottles? I know this because it went down the drain. I made the Ginger beer at the same time and that seems the same no "pshht" could it be my capper not putting the caps on tight enough? Or maybe a bad batch of light malt!

Latest posts

Back