Ginger Beer options....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'traditional' ginger beer (if there is such a thing) does not use hops, i have made lots of ginger beers, both with yeast and ginger beer plant, and you almost can't go wrong (a notable exception being when i substituted galangal in for the ginger), so- yup go for it w/o the hops! in fact i have never tried/heard of one with hops until now, curious. might lightly hop my next and report back

Update. I did 2 batches.
1 gal had some ginger left in the primary. That fermented from 1.044 quickly to .990 and I backsweetened to 1.030. I've seen no hint of carbonation in my plastic control bottle. It tasted decent and I imagine that it will be pretty good once I get some carb to it. I'm going to review other recipes and see what else I can add to make it a bit better flavor.

The other gallon didn't have Ginger in the primary and it was still fermenting (or at least off-gassing) So I'm goign to backsweeten that batch hopefully today/tonight

Back